NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Computer types comparasement website, but not for prices

Do you know the name of a website to compare computers features, like memories and so on? I don't mean price comparasement website.

Please let me know.

WHAT IS THE BEST COMPUTER TO BUY FOR A PROFESSIONAL USE? 12 votes

MAC
0%
HP
0%
DONT KNOW
0%
BIG SCREEN
0%
FAST
0%
BIG MEMORY
0%
IPAD
0%
DEPENDS ON CIRCUNSTANCES
25%
atrixblue.-MFR-.ohbillyfrugal_mike 3 votes
DONT BUY, BORROW IN LYBRARY
0%
IT IS STUPID QUESTION
75%
PitchshifterjaybeetooVampgirlcherrubCoopdiviStuC75ChickabiddybexOli.sohbilly 9 votes

Replies

• Johnmcl7Johnmcl7 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This surely has to be a wind up or spam, your poll doesn't make any sense.

A suitable system for professional use depends entirely on what you actually need it for, some people may want a small and light machine to carry with them while others will want the most powerful hardware to suit the task. A decent on site warranty can also be more important than some of the specs as it minimises the downtime of the machine.

This is the gaming forum, if you have a more specific question you'd be better posting in the techie forum. If you're looking for hardware reviews and benchmarks, I'll start you off with http://www.anandtech.com

John
  • Thank you, my question was:

What is the name of a website to compare types of computers? Not to compare prices.

My pool question is asking something different than my thread question.

I am asking in gaming place, because there is nothing more suitable.

To vote in pool, use pool.
    To answer to thread, answer thread.
    Not the other way round.

Thank you for understanding.
  • Johnmcl7Johnmcl7 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There is a forum specifically for this type of question which is here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

If your poll question is separate to your topic, it should have its own thread. You are not asking anything about gaming so this is the wrong forum section.

Your thread still doesn't make any sense either, what aspect of computers do you want to compare? There's many different types of hardware and you can't compare PC's overall as there's too many different parts.

John
  • Dear John

Thank you for the link.

In my pool and in my thread I am asking different questions, however they have the same topic.

There is a website to compare all computers, you would be surprised!
  • Whoops! Sorry, you've landed on a page that doesn't exist! That's what it says after pasting your link in browser.
  • edited 24 December 2013 at 12:37AM
    RichL74RichL74 Forumite
    938 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 24 December 2013 at 12:37AM
    Don't paste it then just click on it.

As for you 'pool' question, I presume you mean 'poll' but give you the benefit of the doubt if English isn't your first language. You ask what is the best computer for professional use. The reasons makes no sense, your answers should just be 'PC' or 'MAC'

No point putting things like memory or monitor size or borrow in library so you might want to go back and edit it otherwise you'll get a lot of 'it's a stupid question' I'm afraid.

And please don't give me the if I don't like it don't answer reply either, I'm trying to help you.
  • IT IS STUPID QUESTION
    Dear John

Thank you for the link.

In my pool and in my thread I am asking different questions, however they have the same topic.

There is a website to compare all computers, you would be surprised!

Care to enlighten us to this magical website?
  • My spam senses are starting to tingle more and more with this thread...
  • Only smart people needs to reply.
  • NilremNilrem Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I suspect that the replies won't be of much help as the question makes no sense.

What is most important for "professional use" depends entirely on what that professional use is.

For example if you're doing photographic work you might need a very big monitor with true colour and wide viewing angles.
    If you're doing video editing work then more memory and a faster CPU are important.

Ipad wouldn't even count as a computer in the traditional sense, and would be far too limited for most professional uses (the lack of a keyboard and the touch interface are a killer for any sort of graphical work or data entry/writing, but it could be a useful tool for a site engineer who might need to just log visits and bring up diagrams for reference).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum