if your thinking of moving to grimsby, think again

Options
vivmagb
vivmagb Posts: 176 Forumite
:rolleyes: Not a very nice place to live, locals are very ignorant ,only speak to you when they want to know something. Car crime and drugs are bad, bad, bad. 9 out of 10 fires are arson and unemployment twice the national average. Do your self a favour dont go there!

Comments

• chinup_3
    chinup_3 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    cheap fish though surely ??!!
    remember always -'' life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage''
  • vivmagb
    vivmagb Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    go to Filey, worth the trip !
  • Fruity1
    Fruity1 Posts: 926 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think your comments could be said of areas in many towns around the UK. You obviously didn't know the places to go. No I don't live in Grimsby or that area but I do know the town and think generalisations like that aren't helpful to anyone. On a positive note yes you can get excellant cheap fresh fish in Grimsby I would recommend Superior seafoods near the docks. There are many excellent fish and chip shops further into Cleethorpes and Humberstone.
  • nol193
    nol193 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    You obviously didn't take the time to take a closer look at Grimsby. I actually think it a fairly nice place to live! Granted, there are areas of the town which I stay well clear of, but I feel a million times safer up here than when I visit my family down south. Im originally a southener, only moved up here 4 years ago, but many of the other big towns and cities have taken a much more dramatic turn for the worst. Whats it like in your part of paradise???
  • ray50
    ray50 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    here we are a year later. I,ve lived in Immingham...about 10 miles outside grimsby and things were as bad here as they were purported to be in Grimsby but things are improving here as well. I, like nol193 are from dahn sarth and have been here 5 years. People ARE pulling together,last years floods are testament to that, companies are willing to invest in the area...new schools...stadiums...shops etc it takes time and wont happen overnight. This part of paradise is starting to look pretty damn good thankyou.
    You can't please all of the people all of the time,so I've given up trying...I'm on a high getting my life back on track...Hope U can too;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure