We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Can I freeze HM smoked mackerel pate?

Hi all :hello:

I love smoked mackerel pate but it is difficult to get small amounts of smoked mackerel so I end up making more than I want/need or worse, throwing it away :eek:

I just use tesc0 value soft cheese, smoked mackerel, lemon juice, horseradish (if I have it in) and black pepper.

Can i freeze it? Also, can I open freeze it in dollops on a baking tray and transfer into a bag as I don't have small portion pots?

Many thanks in advance :)

Fru
Putting these winter preps here so I don't forget! 

Curtain pole installed in the living room
Paint curtain pole
Window quilts for landing window & french door
Add shrink film to the kitchen door & insulate
Insulate front door
Bubble wrap windows & french door
Wash front door curtain
Blind for the bathroom
Find wrist warmers & the wool socks!
Wash heated throws
Wash duvet & wool blankets
Buy vest tops to go under clothes and PJs
Buy nets for bathroom and kitchen
Buy or make blind for kitchen

Comments

  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,822
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Putting these winter preps here so I don't forget! 

    Curtain pole installed in the living room
    Paint curtain pole
    Window quilts for landing window & french door
    Add shrink film to the kitchen door & insulate
    Insulate front door
    Bubble wrap windows & french door
    Wash front door curtain
    Blind for the bathroom
    Find wrist warmers & the wool socks!
    Wash heated throws
    Wash duvet & wool blankets
    Buy vest tops to go under clothes and PJs
    Buy nets for bathroom and kitchen
    Buy or make blind for kitchen
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.