VERDO pellets. Countrywide any good

We normally get a tonne of 10kg delivered on a pallet, balcas brites and we are now on the wrong side of 65 so shifting a tonne from the road to our store is daunting. I read that countrywide sell single 10kg bags of verdo woodburner pellets at just about 15p more than bulk buying. I am so tempted by the fact that I can get 10 bags at a time, loaded into my car boot and can then offload right outside my store. These pellets need a little tlc ie to be stored dry and for the bags not to be burst. If you have had them from countrywide, do they look after the pellets properly? I will have to pay for the bags and then they will be brought to my local cw store for pick up by me. I do know that most people do not know that these have to be dry at all times

Replies

• silverwhistlesilverwhistle Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    kittie wrote: »
    We normally get a tonne of 10kg delivered on a pallet, balcas brites and we are now on the wrong side of 65 so shifting a tonne from the road to our store is daunting.

Not sure of the economics, but don't you know of any sturdy local teenagers who might like to help you for a few quid (depending how long it takes)?
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Kittie, just seen your post on my thread and replied.

Now I know you are local (ish). I don't know if this might be useful, but I have loads of Verdo pellets, now useless as fuel, in my barn. I can pay vat on them and use them as animal bedding I guess, but if you are local ish, I can stick them in your car. If you are really local, I can put them in your garage....

Any interest let me know, if not, no sweat......the animals will have 'em. My accountant will be cross of course, but hey ho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    I bought a few bags as a test and have been very pleasantly surprised. Countrywide service was A1, I paid and they ordered and I picked them up a few days after a despatch message. They were loaded into my car and all bags were kept dry, indoors and were in good condition. I have never used verdo previously but I do prefer them to balcas brites. I just read on the bag that they are made from virgin wood and on the brites bag, they are from sustainable sources. It is all in the small print for me as there is absolutely no odour with these. Dh is very allergic to formaldehyde and I see that it is highest in laminated woods. Brites does not say virgin wood so to me that is suspicious. Anyway, I still have a tonne to use and then we will be purely verdo and buying on an `as needed` basis, month by month. Thumbs up to countrywide
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Help for Welsh households on benefits

£200 to help with energy bills

MSE News

Income tax calculator

Updated with November NI changes

MSE Tool