Feeling rather annoyed right now!

Was supposed to exchange today and solicitors emailed me to say the vendor still hasn't returned the signed contracts!

I know a week ago I was waiting enquiries to be answered but now that's all done I honestly thought they would have signed the contracts at the same time.

Grrr :( x

Replies

• I feel for you. Today was our target exchange day and we found out yesterday our buyer has gone away for a week so nothing is signed. Infuriating!

I hope yours gets sorted quickly!
  • oh no! that's not good at all :( let's hope they get things signed ASAP when they get back! :(

it's so annoying when the solicitors say it's all done.. then this happens!! x
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    89.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    savingbee wrote: »

it's so annoying when the solicitors say it's all done.. then this happens!! x

Your solicitors have no power over the other party. Everybody has their own agendas during the house move process.
  • I understand that, but when you are told everything is ready to exchange you believe them! lol :( never mind, I'm sure if it's not next week it will be week after x
  • kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    37.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    What is the agreed completion date?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • this coming Friday - 6th. probably won't happen now!
  • edited 30 November 2013 at 10:21AM
    fingledinglefingledingle Forumite
    284 Posts
    edited 30 November 2013 at 10:21AM
    savingbee wrote: »
    this coming Friday - 6th. probably won't happen now!
    Deep breath, it is very stressful we know, but you can easily still complete on the 6th, we last moved 16yrs ago on the 12th of Dec, we exchanged and completed on the same day.:) so relax and save your energy for the unpacking;) good luck!
  • SplanKSplanK Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Forumite
    I don't understand in this day in age how going through conveyancing is so much of a ball ache at times!
    My brother has just bought a house.... 5 months it took them to get the keys. You would think that there were a lot of problems to sort out, or a lengthy chain... nope! My brother was a FTB, and the seller was a builder so essentially no chain! But one thing after another.

With a lot of stuff being made available online and with same day responses, I don't understand how it can take so long! Even 4 weeks which seems to be a common minimum is quite lengthy!
  • edited 30 November 2013 at 10:36AM
    fingledinglefingledingle Forumite
    284 Posts
    edited 30 November 2013 at 10:36AM
    SplanK wrote: »
    I don't understand in this day in age how going through conveyancing is so much of a ball ache at times!
    My brother has just bought a house.... 5 months it took them to get the keys. You would think that there were a lot of problems to sort out, or a lengthy chain... nope! My brother was a FTB, and the seller was a builder so essentially no chain! But one thing after another.

With a lot of stuff being made available online and with same day responses, I don't understand how it can take so long! Even 4 weeks which seems to be a common minimum is quite lengthy!

Welcome to the world of home buying! as mentioned before the reasons are numerous,build time over runs, twitchy lenders, buyers/sellers slow to respond to letters, and as mentioned agendas, and general incompetence the list is endless.
  • Deep breath, it is very stressful we know, but you can easily still complete on the 6th, we last moved 16yrs ago on the 12th of Dec, we exchanged and completed on the same day.:) so relax and save your energy for the unpacking;) good luck!

Thank you.. I have some hope this Friday still happens.. but I hate not knowing..
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals