Onepoll £39.90 and no surveys for days!!

Options

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been with One Poll a few years now. Whilst the surveys have always slowed down somewhat when getting closer to payout, I've never been stuck on £39.90 with no surveys for weeks.

However yesterday I was on £39.70 and had several available surveys. Did a couple to bring my total to £39.90, but then the rest all screened me out without asking a single question.

Thats the norm when you get to 39.90
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 January 2018 at 10:19AM
    Options
    Tinman wrote: »
    Thats the norm when you get to 39.90
    No, this isn't the norm.

First, the website was down for over a day (Fri/Sat?). Then, when a few polls were online, when I clicked each one, I was told 'This one's not for you', like Switzerland said above.

Today, I can complete the first question of each of the two polls available, then it goes back to the overview page. Both polls are still there, no points have been credited.

Keep away for a day or two, you'll just be wasting your time.

Edit: After having another quick look, I found that the surveys are suddenly now working (even the ones that weren't working ten minutes earlier) and I have reached the £40 milestone. No idea what's going on with these crazy people
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    No, this isn't the norm.

First, the website was down for over a day (Fri/Sat?). Then, when a few polls were online, when I clicked each one, I was told 'This one's not for you', like Switzerland said above.

Today, I can complete the first question of each of the two polls available, then it goes back to the overview page. Both polls are still there, no points have been credited.

Keep away for a day or two, you'll just be wasting your time.

Edit: After having another quick look, I found that the surveys are suddenly now working (even the ones that weren't working ten minutes earlier) and I have reached the £40 milestone. No idea what's going on with these crazy people

Same experience here this morning, started off managing one question on a survey before being kicked out. Now I'm flying through them and just reached my £25 cashout - happy days!
  • JACKLINE
    Options
    It always annoys me how long it takes them to pay out also.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nothing would surprise me with this lot. I can't see any of the surveys being useful to anyone - they all appear to be written by schoolchildren.

I cash out about half a dozen times a year and keep expecting the whole shower to close down.
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm with lots of survey sites, but with Harris/Hi-epanel I've had the same amount of points for a long time and had no surveys for ages.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bloody slow again today
  • Gizmo72
    Options
    In the last couple of days I've had trouble logging in to Harris, and I've just got an e-mail saying my account was cancelled because they never sent me any surveys in the last 12 months.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
  • mrsyardbroom
    Options
    Onepoll surveys pay out when you get to £40. I have reached £39.90. I know they stop giving you surveys when you're just below the payout threshhold but I'm wondering how long it takes to get that final survey? Am I likely wait days or weeks or months? I did have a payout once but it was so long ago I can't remember how long it took to get there.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 July 2020 at 8:05PM
    Options
    I think the longest I waited was just over a week. I often find that surveys pop-up late night on Saturdays when I'm 10 pence off a payout. Yet they are never there normally.
    (Here's a full OnePoll review)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport