🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Asda Black Friday rumour?

Options
13»

Comments

• Manchee
    Manchee Posts: 401 Forumite
    Options
    Just been down, loada rubbish, nothing available except the handful of things they showed on their count down. We wanted a TV, all they had was that polaroid one (really poor reviews across the board) or a 42" one - way too big. What a waste of time! What happened to this being 'walmart style' black Friday? Thought black Friday involved reducing more than 5 products???
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know they are going to sell boys & girls Mountain Bikes for £39!!

Bargain!

A bargain provided that the quality is fit for purpose. At £39, I have my doubts.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RHemmings wrote: »
    A bargain provided that the quality is fit for purpose. At £39, I have my doubts.
    I've seen reports that supermarket bikes are shoddy. Not a bike rider so don't know. But as a general rule you get what you pay for and with something like a kiddies bike - you don't want to compromise on safety.
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pineapple wrote: »
    I've seen reports that supermarket bikes are shoddy. Not a bike rider so don't know. But as a general rule you get what you pay for and with something like a kiddies bike - you don't want to compromise on safety.

Over the past year and a bit, I've bought three bikes. My own bike cost £150 new (a good onilne price). After that, I concluded that bikes at less than hundreds of pounds just aren't good enough. They work fine when you get them, but they wear out and stop working too quickly due to low quality components. When I bought my son's bike I bought a bike of a known brand that had full retail price of about £299, but I bought it second hand for £72. It's a much, much, better bike than mine in every way. I bought my partner a bike that also retails for hundreds, and is a known brand, for £70 second hand. It again is much better than mine.

Personally, in my eyes any supermarket bike, let alone one for £39, is guilty until proven innocent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport