Capita Tracing And Data Solutions!!

Options
Hi
I my 76yr old father has received a letter from Capita Friends Life claiming he may have a pensions policy with them from which benifits are payable. They want him to complete a a Verification Form, NI number, D.O.B, address and signature, return it and upon successful verification they will get incontact with him.

I am concerned that he is giving so many details to them. also their address on the letter is slightly different to the one on the return envelope ( 1 letter different in the postcode). Tried calling them but kept on hold for ages.
Is this a legitimate company, letter? Anyone had a similar letter from them?
Capita Tracing and Data Solutions
2nd Floor, Ludgate House
245 Blackfriars Rd
london SE1 9UF or SE1 9UE?

Thank you
Schpud

Comments

• Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,202 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    They are a legitimate company tracking people down on behalf of pension and insurance companies. According to their website the postcode is 9UF.

It is quite possible that the person they are looking for simply has the same name as your father so there is no guarantee of riches. They need the detailed info to confirm that they have got the right person.

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pension companies and insurance companies are required to search for people with "lost" policies. When a pension gets to age 75, this is the normal maximum age for commencement of benefits. So, its a natural time for them to go searching for the person if they have not responded to date.

As above, capita is one of the companies that provides this service to financial services companies.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure