Twitter what does favourited mean?

Options
I have had a few emails to say my posts have been favourited, what does it mean?

Comments

• CatLady80
    Options
    When you hover over a tweet you can click "favourite", not really sure what it does but I think it is similar to the "like" button on facebook?
    2014 wins - Jan - Series 3 of Trollied on DVD, Anchorman 2 goodies - Feb - Sushi Making Lesson for 1, £25 Pick Me Up Sudoku
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    Your ascendency to online demi god hath begun
  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure but I often get my tweets re tweeted & some favoured which means they get bumped back up to the top of their & your timeline.

For me I favour comps I really like because they are my favourites. It also helps you get a higher score if you are on Klout
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I use favourite to sort of bookmark tweets I want to look at again. So for example, if I was on twitter on my phone and saw a tweet that was about a competition that needed a lot of effort, that I would go back to later when on the computer, I would favourite that, then look at my favourites later when I had time. Also, if I was on twitter on my phone, I might favourite a tweet about a competition that I did not think was on MSE, so I could check MSE when I was on the computer and post it, if not already there.
  • RavenRae
    RavenRae Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    claire21 wrote: »
    I have had a few emails to say my posts have been favourited, what does it mean?

I'm guessing its the person running the comp?

I have it too and it is usually one of the bloggers. I think it is their way of keeping track as to who has retweeted their comp so they can check against the rafflecopter winner ? (I think)
    "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect" ~ Bruce Lee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport