A dishwasher

Options
Am debating getting a dishwasher but as I'm a single guy abeit doing alot of cooking am left wondering if its practical. No kids either so money isnt too much of an issue.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    we got a tabl top one, no room for a ful size but it is very handy for cups, plates, bowls & cutlery then we just wash pot, pans etc as normal. It has helped keep mess to a minimum as the stuff just gets a quick rinse & straight in the washer. I picked it up for 50 quid on ebay & it i black too so matches the counter tops.

If you think it will get used then imo they are worth it, we were getting peed off with plates etc stacked up in the sink waiting for one of us to do it or else just buy paper plates & plastic disposable bowls. lol
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • paulwellerfan
    Options
    i am now a single person and would not trade my full sized dishwasher for any thing.
    get one you wont regret it.
    you can leave your washing up for days ( as long as you have enough plates etc)
    credit card bill. £0.00
    overdraft £0.00
    Help from the state £0.00
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    quidsy wrote: »
    we got a tabl top one, no room for a ful size but it is very handy for cups, plates, bowls
    Thanks Quidsy, That was my first thought but looking at prices they seem to be the same price as the cheaper full sized models.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    i am now a single person and would not trade my full sized dishwasher for any thing.
    get one you wont regret it.
    you can leave your washing up for days ( as long as you have enough plates etc)
    Would work for plates, cups, cuttlery etc but having multiple sauce pans, fry pans, food processor bowls sounds expensive. If its not a rude question! is smell a problem or are machines pretty much sealed? As per above I live in a flat are dishwashers fairly quiet? Or is a quiet setting worth getting?
    Cheers
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I couldn't live without our dishwasher now. Keeps the kitchen tidy and saves on water, fab when you've had to use lots of pots and pans.
    Our dishwasher isn't smelly and is almost silent.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    Options
    adandem wrote: »
    I couldn't live without our dishwasher now. Keeps the kitchen tidy and saves on water, fab when you've had to use lots of pots and pans.
    Our dishwasher isn't smelly and is almost silent.
    I said the same thing until recently!

Are you all aware of the plastics used in dishwashers and their potential hormone disrupting effects? Everyone should be aware of the dangers posed by plastics IMO. They are everywhere and all their effects are not yet know! Even enteric coatings used on medications use plastics and they are known to affect the bodies hormones, causing feminising effects and raising cancer risk.

I spent £500 or so on a Miele dishwasher about 7.5 years back and I use mine very rarely. I am seriously considering stopping using it at all except for storing dirty dishes.

It's not really worth me filling up a washing bowl for the small amount of washing up I use daily so it needs to be saved for 2 or 3 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure