Has anyone ever used ecomm2009.eu?

Options
Good Morning Everyone,

I'm hoping the goods folks on MSE can help me please.

My husband has been looking for Nike basketball trainers online, and has found a pair he likes on a website called ecomm2009.eu. My gut reaction was that I've never heard of them, so I spent last night searching google for reviews etc but I can't find anything!!! Has anyone here ever used them? Please could you either warn me off or reassure me that they are genuine?

Seems too cheap to be true so I'm not convinced at the moment.

Thank you x

Comments

• Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    I would have thought that the ridiculously low prices would be a big giveaway.

It's a Chinese website. That means everything they sell is counterfeit. They'll either send you some badly made rubbish that will fall to bits in weeks or keep your money and/or clone your credit card.

There's no contact address or phone number and the conditions of use, that you have to agree to when you make a purchase, don't exist.

The site was only registered 9 days ago and the address on the domain registration manages to be in both Germany and China which is some going.

Don't waste your money on these scammers. If your husband wants to find a cheaper pair of Nikes without getting ripped off he only has to ask on MSE.
  • Basketball_2
    Options
    Thanks coopdivi. I knew the clever people on here could check registration and domains but I wasn't sure how to.

My instinct said it was dodgy but I needed help to convince the other half. Thank you for looking into it for me, much appreciated. I will strongly advise him to look elsewhere x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure