We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Preserves and plastic bottles
White_Rose_Tight_ThaKnows
Posts: 180 Forumite
I loathe to throw away plastic water bottles and condiment bottles, can these be sterilised easily and used again for flavoured oils and quick sauces, etc?
I always imagine the narrow necks with nozzles and squeezable nature would sometimes be easier than glass jars and bottles when it comes to thin, runny home makes.
Besides a couple of bird feeders from water bottles I'm struggling to find other uses for these damn things! (especially the sauce bottles) I even have dried ones for salt and sugar!
Cheers all.
I always imagine the narrow necks with nozzles and squeezable nature would sometimes be easier than glass jars and bottles when it comes to thin, runny home makes.
Besides a couple of bird feeders from water bottles I'm struggling to find other uses for these damn things! (especially the sauce bottles) I even have dried ones for salt and sugar!
Cheers all.
0
Comments
-
It's not easy to sterilise containers which are not glass. I'd be having a think about trying Milton or similar. The issue with putting sauces in plastic is that these need to be bottled while the mixture is still very hot and I suspect you'll have trouble doing this.
Water-bottles are the among the few plastic things which our recycling service actually accepts. Is it the same where you are?0 -
Plastic bottles are good for garden bird-scarers popped on long canes, and also to protect gardeners' eyes from those long canes
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards