Edinburgh break with toddler -advice

hi scottoish folk
will be visiting ur beautiful city of edinburgh this weekend for a 3 days stay

we will be travelling with our lil 1 yo daughter - and will be based centrally with no car

any advice on entertainment mainly for the lil one?

also any cheap tickets/vouchers for the zoo?

Thanks

Dan
Wins so far:
£1,800, campari platter, limited edition peroni bottle opener, sharp blu ray player, £600 Karen Millen shopping spree, £550 limited edition blind, Capetown 7 day holiday, Tshirt, £100 Tesco Voucher, £100 Arcadia vouchers, 7 day Europe tour, £100 hotel voucher, limited edition capitan morgan bottle, 1 month bus pass travel.

Comments

• slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The zoo is expensive, and you rarely see discounts for it although at least your little one will go free. Be prepared for the hill too - the whole place is built on a hill and it's very steep especially with a pushchair. There is a "bus" which runs from the bottom to the top of the hill so if you can then the popular thing to do is to take that to the top and then wander down in your own time. But last time I was there it was only running every half hour and there were more people in the queue than would fit on the vehicle - it also didn't look very buggy friendly although it might be possible.

The Christmas stuff (google "capital christmas" and you'll find the full info) is up and running in Princes Street gardens, I imagine your little one will love a wander through that. There are reindeer somewhere I think, and lots and lots of lights and whizzy things to see.

My toddler liked the interactive gallery at the National Museum of Scotland (on Chambers Street - and it's free).

Lots of info here:
    http://edinburghforunderfives.co.uk/
    and check out the other threads here too, although they're not asking specifically about young children they cover a lot of the attractions and recommendations.

Enjoy your trip :beer:
  • w123kid
    w123kid Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks for all the tips
    Wins so far:
    £1,800, campari platter, limited edition peroni bottle opener, sharp blu ray player, £600 Karen Millen shopping spree, £550 limited edition blind, Capetown 7 day holiday, Tshirt, £100 Tesco Voucher, £100 Arcadia vouchers, 7 day Europe tour, £100 hotel voucher, limited edition capitan morgan bottle, 1 month bus pass travel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure