Magazine dailies help

Options
Hi,

I've very new to comping and have fathomed out the magazine instant wins - fab! And I can access the magazine dailies but I'm confused as to how many times I can enter each competition?

For example, for the competitions listed under Chat magazine, am I allowed to enter each comp 25 times per day? 25 entries collectively for all the comps per day or 25 entries from start to end date for each? (or 6 as specified for some).

Thanks in advance and apologies for my ignorance. I've looked for related threads but can't find any.

Thanks all :)
December 2014 wins: £25 F&F voucher, pair of cufflinks, £100 lunch for office, £100 John Lewis giftcards, Furby Boom, nail art kit, portable DVD player, pebble smartwatch, eyeliner

Comments

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi, it tells you on the thread for them in the 1st post

here..

Magazine Dailies & Clicktowin (ongoing and updated regularly) PT3

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4813609

Best, Handbag, InStyle, Look, Marie Claire, Reveal and This Is Competitions are 6 entries (share for more entries), but you can enter all other mags 25 comps a day (share for more entries), GoodToKnow are 35 entries (share for more entries).

& on each link for them it says on the top of the postings..

ie:

Best: 6 entries (share for more entries)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=63694022&postcount=3

Chat: 25 entries (share for more entries)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=63694029&postcount=4

etc

:)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• cookiemonster40
    Options
    Thank you fire**fly, it's still confusing but thank you all the same. I appreciate your help :)
    December 2014 wins: £25 F&F voucher, pair of cufflinks, £100 lunch for office, £100 John Lewis giftcards, Furby Boom, nail art kit, portable DVD player, pebble smartwatch, eyeliner
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's once per comp per mag per day - that means you can enter 25 comps on that mag but if there are more than that you can share to enter more - hope that is clear,

Most compers don't bother with the instant wins as the chances of winning are really low
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    If a mag allows 25 entries per day, it means you can enter 25 of the competitions listed on that mag, per day. If you wanted to do more you can up your limit of 25 by sharing the comp after you've completed it (by clicking on the facebook, twitter or email icons). Say if there were 29 comps you liked the look of, you could do 4 shares and gain access to 4 more comps.

I never have to bother with shares for the 25-entry mags as there are never that many comps I want to enter, but occasionally for the likes of Look and Marie Claire, if I want to enter say 10 of them I do 4 shares. (Normally just email it to my own other email address!)

I don't bother with instant wins unless I'm feeling reeeeeally bored!!

Oh another point lots of new compers ask is, about the shared prizes. 7 of the magazines mostly share the prizes across the board (Chat, Now, Pickmeup, What's on TV, Woman, Womans Own and Womans Weekly) and you can enter once for each mag, each day, but if there's one prize it will be one only, not one per mag. If there's 10 prizes of say a DVD, it will be 10 winners chosen from all entries across the board.

Hope this helps and I'm not waffling too much!!
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to add something else that confused me to start with. When you share for extra entries, it only gives you the extra entries explained above. If for example you are entering one to win an iPad and share it three times, by email, facebook and twitter that will only still give you the one entry into the iPad competition.
  • cagsd
    Options
    Marg2k8 wrote: »
    Just wanted to add something else that confused me to start with. When you share for extra entries, it only gives you the extra entries explained above. If for example you are entering one to win an iPad and share it three times, by email, facebook and twitter that will only still give you the one entry into the iPad competition.

Yes I agree that the way they word the share instructions is confusing. Sharing Doesn't get you an extra entry into the comp that you share; it just increases the number of comps you can enter.
  • cookiemonster40
    Options
    Brilliant guys/gals...that's a lot clearer now :)...thank you.

I was wondering why it was taking so long?....entering 25 times for each comp in each mag...ha ha. Looks like my entries will be disqualified, doh!!!!

Still, it's all a learning curve.

Again, thanks for help and good luck.x
  • cagsd
    Options
    I was wondering why it was taking so long?....entering 25 times for each comp in each mag...ha ha. Looks like my entries will be disqualified, doh!!!!

I'm surprised it let you do that tbh, normally if you've already entered a comp once it will say at the bottom "Error! You have already entered this competition" so you can't do it again!
  • cookiemonster40
    Options
    cagsd, I went back to the mag dailies and it transpires that I hadn't entered any as I wasn't scrolling the page to click the boxes/watch promotional vids so indeed, it wouldn't allow me to enter again....thank you :)

Best got back to it now, lol
  • cagsd
    Options
    cagsd, I went back to the mag dailies and it transpires that I hadn't entered any as I wasn't scrolling the page to click the boxes/watch promotional vids so indeed, it wouldn't allow me to enter again....thank you :)

Best got back to it now, lol

Oh no - how annoying!! What a waste of time - still, at least you know now, and can rest assured you'll be entering properly from now on!! xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure