We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Meal Plans W/B 18th Nov

2»

Comments

  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,809 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Bit late posting this week as not really planned properly earlier:

    M - pork & ginger stirfry with noodles
    T - lasagne & salad
    W -sausages, mash & veg
    T - chicken curry & rice
    F - salmon, new potatoes, veg
    S - Beef & bean stew
    S - roast chicken dinner

    Denise
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,996 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 21 November 2013 at 12:26PM
    Thanks for starting us off Cat£££

    [STRIKE]Quorn Roast dinner, veg, roasties and yorkshire pud (Yesterday)[/STRIKE]
    Quorn Coq au Vin and rice
    [STRIKE]Morroccan chickpea stew(F)[/STRIKE] with giant couscous ... [STRIKE]had rice and carrots [/STRIKE]instead
    Jacket potato with cheese, coleslaw and salad
    [STRIKE]LMc veggie mozarella burgers in buns with chips and peas[/STRIKE]
    Sausage, mash, carrot and swede with green beans
    Some sort of fish curry with rice
    Cheese and onion plait with beans
    Pasta, pesto and roasted veg

    Subject to change, so have added a few extras to choose from ... anything else will carry over to next week.
    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Really late this week! It may have something to do with the baby arriving on Friday though :/

    All meal plans were ignored, Friday DH bought frozen pizza to feed the children and his parents. Saturday was a Chinese frozen meal I'd stashed, Sunday was bread and 'if it' day. Monday was McD, but yesterday I made cottage pie and decided three days off was enough!

    So the rest of the week:

    Wednesday - Cottage Pie Toasties
    Thursday - Sausage, Egg, beans, mushrooms and hash browns
    Friday - HM Pizza, Wedges and Salad

    I did my audit Monday and my monthly food shops are due tonight, so back on the bandwagon :)
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Congratulations :j:T

    Make sure you rest x
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Congratulations, I think 3 days off is certainly deserved probably even stretch it to a week ....
  • Thank you both, but I don't know the meaning of rest with 3 children :/

    But I have stuck to plan today, and asked DH to come home half an hour early tomorrow to help me with dinner. So I think that's classed as taking it a little easy. As of lunch Friday he's off for a week, which is a huge help :)
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • Thank you both, but I don't know the meaning of rest with 3 children :/

    But I have stuck to plan today, and asked DH to come home half an hour early tomorrow to help me with dinner. So I think that's classed as taking it a little easy. As of lunch Friday he's off for a week, which is a huge help :)

    Congrats and a big pat on the back for being super-organised. Wish i had known all about this stuff when i had my children :).
    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Part of my 'nesting' included a month meal plan and subsequent shopping lists and online torders... Which means not having to think about what to cook, but just following the list blindly :)

    Otherwise we'd be living on supermarket pizza!
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.