Facebook competitions

Options
I have only just noticed that I had another inbox on my Facebook account, marked 'OTHER'. On checking it, I had won three different competitions going back to 2011, nothing big but it would of still been nice to have received an email notify me about the wins.
Is there any settings on Facebook, that notifys you by email, that you have new messages?
Thanks for everyones usefull post`s:T

Comments

• touch*my*food*feel*myfork
    touch*my*food*feel*myfork Posts: 1,378 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 November 2013 at 7:50PM
    Options
    well Stephel your not the only one - lol! - all except one of the messages were from 2011 or later and nothing of importance, but one was from the beginning of November for a competition win am hoping I can still claim - fingers crossed as probably won't hear anything until Monday now
    many thanks for your post otherwise I would never have found it

well I am assuming its this November as the others have the year after them!
  • monkeymooz
    Options
    are the chances of winning on facebook good please? is it worth setting up an account? x
  • custardcream1000
    Options
    That must be quite gutting to find you have missed out on prizes, even if they weren't big wins. Fingers crossed something nice comes your way.

Touch - I hope you can still claim your prize - From what I have seen on here, most companies honour the prize if it is only a few days after the claim period.

Monkey - Some people have been really successful with facebook wins. It is worth setting up an account as you will miss out on some great competitions otherwise.

If you're setting the account up just for comping, there is a thread somewhere on here where you can find comping facebook friends to make your account seem more authentic. GL X
    £630/ £2014

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport