We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

NHS pension - and moving on

Hi,

I work for the NHS, I hasve only been employed approx 7 months and have got a new job outside the NHS. I wondered can I request my pension contribution back so I can invest else where ?

Comments

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,507 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 November 2013 at 8:49PM
    http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Documents/Pensions/SD_guide_-_Online_(V11)_09.2013.pdf

    You can request your contributions, less tax and NI, back as cash or you can transfer the benefits into another scheme.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.