We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Dog Owners

Do you have a dog licence? Is this something which is enforced or chased, or is a blind eye turned? Its only £12.50 a year, but no-one wants to be the mug paying it when everyone else isn't.
«1

Comments

  • Yep, mines only a fiver because she is neutered
    Well I Love Tv And I Love T. Rex, I Can See Through Your Skirt I've Got X-Ray Spex
  • sill
    sill Posts: 145 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Only £5 for my dogs single license covers 3 dogs if they are all neutered and micro-chipped .It's a good idea if nothing else it might help pay for more dog wardens, so people might think twice before letting their dogs poo in public parks ,and near places where kids play,without taking a second to bag and bin.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    My friend was reported by a neighbour for not having a licence. The council called out and total her to get one within a certain time or face a fine.
  • What a nice neighbour you have.
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yes I do, likewise, also neutered and microchipped.
    I may break the law, as I've been told on another thread by reusing Unfranked stamps, ! But I do have my limits!!!
    Likewise TV license, but OH would loose his job if he was found not to have one.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Yes I have one - If you are a responsible dog owner you should have one as well.
  • Bigcammy
    Bigcammy Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have a dog licence and as part of that registration I gave them his microchip number. The more places that have your dogs details the better as we recently had an issue with a neighbour which resulted in my dog escaping. We got him back but having him chipped and the details registered with the local dog warden makes perfect sense to me and money well spent.
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • Honkycat
    Honkycat Posts: 499 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Ok, thanks everyone, seems pretty unanimous!
  • i didnt even know there was a dog licence.
    credit card bill. £0.00
    overdraft £0.00
    Help from the state £0.00
  • i didnt even know there was a dog licence.
    Only in Northern Ireland ......... We love our Bureaucracy over here !!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.