We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Postal, Text and Phone Competitions - Part 22

Options

Comments

• ness13
    ness13 Posts: 8,306 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PRIZE: Two tickets to see Robin Cousin's ICE at The Lowry in Salford and a luxury hotel stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian on April 18.
    Runners-up: 5 x two top-price tickets to the venue of your choice to see Robin Cousin's ICE - see venues here.

Terms: Winner's prize includes: interval drinks (a glass of house wine, beer or soft drink per person); two programmes; overnight accommodation in a twin or double room at the five-star Radisson Blu Edwardian, Manchester; dinner at the hotel's Steak & Lobster restaurant; entry to its Sienna Spa with use of the gym, sauna, steam room and pool; the provision of towels, robes and slippers; £100 for travel. No cash or date alternative is available.
    Runners-up tickets exclude Saturday evenings and are subject to availbility.

Send a postcard with your name, address and phone number to:

ICE Competition
    PO Box 12581
    Sutton Coldfield
    B73 9BX

or

Call 0911 719 0682 (Calls cost 82p/minute from a BT landline plus network extras and last 2.5 minutes)

or

Text SATICE followed by your email address, name and address to 86660. (Texts cost £2 plus your usual network rate)
    Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.

An eye for an eye only leads to more blindness.
  • ness13
    Options
    PRIZES: 1 x 42" TV and a Blu-ray player, as well as the film Captain Phillips on Blu-ray.

Complete the crossword, take the letters from each yellow square and rearrange them to form the name of an actor, actress or director.
    Answer: BRYAN SINGER :D

Text EMPIRE followed by your answer, name and address (please put a space between each element of your message!) to 83070

Texts cost 50p plus standard network rate.

Terms: One entry per person. The winner will be notified by phone (on the number the text was sent) between seven and ten days after the competition ends. Empire will call a maximum of 3 times and leave one message. If the winner does not answer the phone or respond to the message within 14 days of the competition's end, Empire will select another winner and the original winner will not win a prize. Entrants must be over 18 and resident in the UK. Full terms here.

• zaphgb
    zaphgb Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Answer - AUBERGINE

Text: ARROW followed by your answer, name & postcode to 65700 - texts cost £1.00 + s/n/c

(eg: ARROW AUBERGINE JOHN SMITH W8 5TT)

Phone: 0901 292 5061 & leave your answer, name & address details - BT calls cost £1.02 from BT landlines
    Good luck to all x :hello:
  • mynellie
    mynellie Posts: 4,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi everyone here is this months puzzle answers

puzzle 1 £25 - CROW
    puzzle 2 £25 - JAWS
    puzzle 3 £25 - LOVE ME TENDER
    puzzle 4 £50 - GOAT
    puzzle 5 £25 - B
    puzzle 6 £25 - JACKSON
    puzzle 7 £25 - AUBERGINE
    puzzle 8 £25 - NAIROBI
    puzzle 9 £25 - ATLAS
    puzzle 10 £25 - 160
    puzzle 11 £25 - CUCUMBER
    puzzle 12 £100 - BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

To enter by text put CB01 followed by a space and your answers put a space between each answer then your name door number and postcode to 86611
    texts cost 35p plus snr maximum 160 characters per text

to enter by phone ring 09044 701 216 BT calls cost 66p per min call durations will vary between 2-6 minutes depending on number of answers submitted costs from other networks may be higher
    SP Spoke 0870 880 4869

texting tips when an answer has more than one word do not put any spaces between words and if there is a name as an answer only use the surname in your text answer

to enter by post with the coupon from the magazine send it to

CHAT BEST OF 1
    P.O.BOX 502
    Leicester
    LE94 OAB

PLEASE NOTE THE COST OF THE TEXTS HAS GONE UP 10P AND ALSO THE TEXT NUMBER HAS CHANGED

THE CLOSING DATE FOR PHONE ENTRIES IS 13TH MARCH 2014 AND POSTAL ENTRIES 17TH MARCH 2014

good luck everyone xx

If anyone has any queries please message me
    Good luck everyone x
  • oddies
    oddies Posts: 10,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    E: 14/02 Win £100 - Quick Brain Workout Puzzles -Arroword (M.O.S)
    Quick Brain Workout Arroword (M.O.S - Review Mag)

Answer - MANUSCRIPTS :D

text .. AWORD followed by your answer, name & postcode to 65700
    .. texts cost £1.00 + s/n/c

(eg: AWORD MANUSCRIPTS JOHN SMITH W8 5TT)

phone .. 0901 292 5090
    & leave your answer .. bt calls cost £1.02 from bt landlines

JANUARY 19TH WINNER: - DENISE THORNHILL - ORPINGTON - KENT.

Good Luck All express3.gif
    2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace £530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: £1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.
  • oddies
    Options
    E: 14/02 Win £100 - Quick Brain Workout Puzzles - code cracker (M.O.S)
    Quick Brain Workout code-cracker (M.O.S - Review Mag)

Answer - IGNOBLE :j

text .. CRACKER followed by your answer, name & postcode to 65700
    .. texts cost £1.00 + s/n/c

(eg: CRACKER IGNOBLE JOHN SMITH W8 5TT)

phone .. 0901 292 5051
    & leave your answer .. bt calls cost £1.02 from bt landlines

JANUARY 19TH WINNER: CAROLINE DAVIS - BROMLEY - KENT.

Good Luck All express3.gif
    2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace £530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: £1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.
  • ness13
    Options
    Question: Which band had its first No 1 in 1988 with a cover of the Beatles' song "With a Little Help From My Friends"?

Answer – Wet Wet Wet (here)

Send a postcard with your answer, name, address and daytime telephone number to:

Competition 16059
    PO Box 12581
    Sutton Coldfield
    B73 9BX

or call 0901 022 2042 (calls cost 25p per minute from a BT landline and last 2.5 minutes)

or text SXGILES followed by your answer, name and address details to 87080 (Texts cost 50p + snr)

• oddies
    edited 11 February 2014 at 10:27AM
    Options
    It is with great Regret i am going to have to give up posting my mags and papers pleurer.gif i do so love doing them but recent weeks i have had many health problems and it's just taking it's toll so much i find i just can't keep up. i also have many more tests to come and so need a rest. if anyone would like to jump in and take over then please feel free. of course i won't leave you in the lurch i shall post till mags/papers are covered. really sorry i have to do this but time for me to have some me time and some fresh blood to join us in postals. my Health comes first and at the moment it's coming last vil2_temperature.gif please pm me or just post on forum which mag or mags/papers you would like to take on...

Look ( Mynellie :j )
    Now ( Mynellie :j )
    My Weekly ( Mynellie :j)
    Notts Post
    Chad
    your home ( prozacspice :j )
    Mail on sunday ( ness13 :j )
  • ness13
    Options
    Find the eight Love Hearts in a boxed picture
    ANSWER - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12

Send a postcard with your answer and details to:

Valentines Competition
    PO Box 12581
    Sutton Coldfield
    B73 9BX

or

Call 0911 719 0506 (Calls cost 82p/minute from a BT landline plus network extras and last 2.5 minutes)

or

Text SXVALENTINE followed by your answer, email address, name and address to 86660. (Texts cost £2 plus your usual network rate)

• mynellie
    mynellie Posts: 4,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    oddies wrote: »
    It is with great Regret i am going to have to give up posting my mags and papers pleurer.gif i do so love doing them but recent weeks i have had many health problems and it's just taking it's toll so much i find i just can't keep up. i also have many more tests to come and so need a rest. if anyone would like to jump in and take over then please feel free. of course i won't leave you in the lurch i shall post till mags/papers are covered. really sorry i have to do this but time for me to have some me time and some fresh blood to join us in postals. my Health comes first and at the moment it's coming last vil2_temperature.gif please pm me or just post on forum which mag or mags/papers you would like to take on...

Look
    Now
    My Weekly
    Notts Post
    Chad
    your home
    Mail on sunday

Oh Oddies so sorry to hear your health is worsening and i am happy to take ovet the My Weekly Magazine for you and i hope that you soon get tests sorted and docs help you out

nellie xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport