We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
New Tesco
sill
Posts: 145 Forumite
in N. Ireland
:money:Has anyone else heard of plans for a new Tesco being built on the old Gillespie and Wilson store on the Upper Newtownards Road in East Belfast.Told tonite that they've bought shops right up to Ford car showroom person who told me knows someone in planning.Sill
0
Comments
-
might be a small Tesco Express?0
-
Planning application pending, looks like a Tesco Express in one unit http://epicdocs.planningni.gov.uk/ShowCaseFile.aspx?appNumber=Z/2013/0335/F0
-
Interesting- its not like there isnt one close by in Ballyhack!0
-
nozzadamozza wrote: »Interesting- its not like there isnt one close by in Ballyhack!
Don't forget Belmont Road.Think their mission is to flood the market with mini Tescos.Pity it wasn't a Sainsburys or Asda.0 -
I heard about this a while ago too - someone was gossiping in the local fruit shop about Tesco taking over the G&W site and said that apparently the Tesco Express at Ballyhack will close.
Don't think the new site will be any better, they would need to do something about parking!0 -
Tesco's is flooding the market, I live in south Belfast, and I would like an Asda store, as we have Tesco's at Knockbreda, Tesco express on the Ormeau Road. There is just no choice any longer.0
-
Tesco's is flooding the market, I live in south Belfast, and I would like an Asda store, as we have Tesco's at Knockbreda, Tesco express on the Ormeau Road. There is just no choice any longer.
And that's not all - I read recently that the Elms (formerly the Club Bar) in University Road is also to become a Tesco.0 -
And that's not all - I read recently that the Elms (formerly the Club Bar) in University Road is also to become a Tesco.
Here you go http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/iconic-south-belfast-student-pub-the-elms-will-become-tesco-express-29730103.html0 -
Rosetta Bar is also to become a Tesco's.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards