We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Aduki beans
trolleyrun
Posts: 1,382 Forumite
Hi all you wise people,
I've used half a tin of aduki beans in a soup today and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can freeze the rest? They're the ready to cook version (as in heat gently, do not allow to boil). I don't have any plans of using these beans for the rest of the week, so it would be great if I could avoid chucking them in the bin.
I've used half a tin of aduki beans in a soup today and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can freeze the rest? They're the ready to cook version (as in heat gently, do not allow to boil). I don't have any plans of using these beans for the rest of the week, so it would be great if I could avoid chucking them in the bin.
0
Comments
-
I freeze tinned kidney beans, so i don't see why this wouldn't work.GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
(20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
One person vegan household, with occasional visitors
https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link
Forever learning the art of frugality0 -
Brilliant! Thank you
0 -
trolleyrun wrote: »Hi all you wise people,
I've used half a tin of aduki beans in a soup today and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can freeze the rest? They're the ready to cook version (as in heat gently, do not allow to boil). I don't have any plans of using these beans for the rest of the week, so it would be great if I could avoid chucking them in the bin.
I keep bags of cooked aduki beans in the freezer - they keep fine.
HTH0 -
Thank you! I've popped them in the "vegetables, herbs and bread" drawer
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
