We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
SSAS Pension advice
bigheadxx
Posts: 3,047 Forumite
I would like to purchase a commercial property (about £45,000-£55,000)
My total pension assets are around £15,000. I understand that I could borrow 50% of my pension pot, £7,500 giving me funds of £22,500 at my disposal, enough for a 40-50% stake in the property.
My question is, would a commercial lender let me borrow 100% of the balance on the basis that a substantial deposit has been paid albeit by my pension fund and not me personally.
Further to this, could I gradually transfer the property to my pension as I contribute to it each year?
My total pension assets are around £15,000. I understand that I could borrow 50% of my pension pot, £7,500 giving me funds of £22,500 at my disposal, enough for a 40-50% stake in the property.
My question is, would a commercial lender let me borrow 100% of the balance on the basis that a substantial deposit has been paid albeit by my pension fund and not me personally.
Further to this, could I gradually transfer the property to my pension as I contribute to it each year?
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards