Cheapest store for 9 bars ?

Options
Edwardia
Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
My husband has tried various cereal/breakfast bars and found them too sweet. Then he tried 9 bars and loved them.

Holland and Barrett sells them singly for 99p or a box of 16 online for 13.46 (all orders now get free delivery) making them 84p each. Currently some varieties are on offer Buy One Get One Half Price ie two boxes for 20.19 = 63p each per bar.

Thought that was good until I looked on Mysupermarket and found ASDA selling single bars for 60p. According to Mysupermarket, ASDA is the only supermarket selling 9 bars singly - is that right ?

Mysupermarket says Sainsbury's sells boxes of four 9 bars for 1.89 ie 47p each and Ocado and Waitrose for 1.90 and has N/A against other supermarkets. Again, is that right ?

So basically I'm asking have you found 9 bars cheaper than 60p singly or 1.89 for a box of four please ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Don't know Edwardia, but find H and B very dear. For example 500g dates in Poundland are £1,,,,Holland and Barratt £4.39 for 1kg.
  • Edwardia
    Options
    Actually it's worth looking in an Arab/Turkish shop for dates and figs if you can, they are often much cheaper than supermarkets/health food stores.

Anone seen cheap 9 bars please ?
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Options
    £1.90 for a pack of 4 - noticed in T's earlier.

Direct from 9bar

http://www.9bar.com/shop

£10.80 for 16 which still works out at 67p each, from what I can gather delivery is free. Maybe there is a discount code about?

S seems the best deal.

Sorry, not much help
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• LE3
    LE3 Posts: 612 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I picked some up in tesco at 2 boxes for £2 a few weeks ago so watch out for deals but around £1.90 for 4 is what I usually pay (I like them when walking, perfect energy to eat on the hills!)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Edwardia wrote: »
    Actually it's worth looking in an Arab/Turkish shop for dates and figs if you can, they are often much cheaper than supermarkets/health food stores.

Anone seen cheap 9 bars please ?
    Seriously, its easier and cheaper to make your own.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Edwardia
    edited 10 November 2013 at 2:36PM
    Options
    Was watching Hugh FW on TV at my mother's this week and he made something similar.

However have to say that I'm not convinced that a bar made with all those seeds and fruit plus carob would come in at under 60p each.

Besides which, OH is such a glutton that he'd probably scarf the entire trayful !
  • JamesCR
    JamesCR Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    I think the multi-packs are smaller at 40g each. If I remember correctly the single bars are 50g. Don't know if you mind that, but might make the multi-pack price not quite such good value.

They also used to do a pumpkin seed version with no carob topping if they are still a bit sweet for you.
  • fairy3
    fairy3 Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry not sure what delivery is but amaz*n have them at £9.82 for 16 50gm bars if that is any help?
    Here is the link
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=9%20bars%20cereal%20bars
    Sorry am rubbish with links

F x
    January 2020 Grocery challenge £119.45/£200 :)
    February 2020 Grocery challenge £195.22 /£200
    March 2020 - gone to pot...
    April 2020 - £339.45/£200
    May 2020 - £194.99/£300
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninebar-Hemp-Seed-Original-Pack/dp/B0069RV0Z2/
    £10.20 (16) with Amazon Subscribe & Save (cancel subscription after they have arrived).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wholebake-Nutty-Bar-50-Pack/dp/B0069RV2JQ/
    £9.33 (16) with Subscribe & Save
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure