We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

odyssey

I am going to concert in odyssey where is the best place to eat which is in easy walking distance to odessy.I am going to park my car there

Comments

  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    There's a few places in the Odyssey...
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    There is nowhere good in the Odyssey any more imho. The next nearest is the restaurant in the Premier Inn behind the Odyssey which is surprisingly ok. After that you're talking a walk over the bridge to Victoria Square or other city centre restaurants.
  • IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,807 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I recommend Soda Joes personally in the Odyssey Pavillion. Lovely food, and good value. But when I go to a concert there you need to be there early.

    Other than that I go to TGI Fridays in Victoria Square. 5 min walk away over the bridge and again, good value and gorgeous food. My preference between the 2 would be TGI's lol
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2025 £815.45/£3,000£1 a day challenge 2025 - £180/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2025 11/52Lose 25lb - 10/25lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 18%/100%
  • D.A.
    D.A. Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Good Lord no - both of those places serve previously frozen fried rubbish.
  • giplet
    giplet Posts: 39 Forumite
    I wouldn't recommend Soda Joes - the worst service I have ever had in a restaurant was the one and only time I went there
  • jtk174
    jtk174 Posts: 353 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Frankie and Benny's in Victoria Square has been good and I hear Cosmo is good, but I haven't been yet.

    Anyone know if the Indian at the Odyssey is still on the go?
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    "Good" is very relative. As you can see by people recommending places like TGI Friday...
    At the "good" end of things on that vicinity is Tedfords. Nandos in Victoria Square is decent fast food. I haven't been to the local Wagamama, but past ones in other places have been okay. Cosmo is okay sometimes verging on good. Little Wing in Ann Street is probably the only decent Pizza chain in NI...

    Red Panda in the Odyssey used to be okay, if nothing special. Ditto Indian Ocean (though a bit pricey). Haven't been back to the Odyssey recently enough to know if anything has changed. There used to be a Tapas place upstairs where the food was edible.
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Tapas place long gone.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.