We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Bring out your dead!

2»

Comments

  • mezza101
    mezza101 Posts: 171 Forumite
    100 Posts
    GlynD wrote: »
    Because it implies that the cemetery and recycling plant are linked in some way I would assume.
    are people in comber stupid, do they not know its only a directions sign! :cool:
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I wouldn't have looked at the sign and seen that but now its been pointed out I do ..someone with too much time on their hands most likely complained about it .
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • GlynD wrote: »
    Because it implies that the cemetery and recycling plant are linked in some way I would assume.

    They are linked, they share the land the council bought!
  • GlynD
    GlynD Posts: 10,883 Forumite
    They are linked, they share the land the council bought!

    I see. So does one have the choice of a grave or a skip? ;)
  • GlynD wrote: »
    I see. So does one have the choice of a grave or a skip? ;)

    They are just giving you options of what to do with the Mother-in-law..........
  • GlynD
    GlynD Posts: 10,883 Forumite
    They are just giving you options of what to do with the Mother-in-law..........

    Not a problem I have. Perhaps the memsahib would agree with this methodology though. My mother is a force to be reckoned with, even at age 81. :rotfl:
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,751 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    A relative used to say to me "I suppose when I die you will get a skip in " (to clear the house out)

    I replied "no I will get you a coffin like anyone else"
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • Replace it with a single sign:

    "Soylent Green Factory"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.