We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Looking for a builder and joiner
Sara_c_g
Posts: 25 Forumite
in N. Ireland
Hello there,
We have some problems with mould and very damp walls (where they meet the roof) in the bedrooms of our 3 bedroom semi. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the roof tiles/flashing as I have no idea about this sort of stuff but we need to get it sorted ASAP as have new baby on the way and a toddler so I don't want to damp to affect their health.
Does anyone have any suggestions of builders/damp specialists that may be interested in coming and having a look?
Also, I need some shelving put up and our regular joiner has really let me down - any recommendations would be very welcome.
We're in the South-East Belfast area.
Thanks in advance!
We have some problems with mould and very damp walls (where they meet the roof) in the bedrooms of our 3 bedroom semi. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the roof tiles/flashing as I have no idea about this sort of stuff but we need to get it sorted ASAP as have new baby on the way and a toddler so I don't want to damp to affect their health.
Does anyone have any suggestions of builders/damp specialists that may be interested in coming and having a look?
Also, I need some shelving put up and our regular joiner has really let me down - any recommendations would be very welcome.
We're in the South-East Belfast area.
Thanks in advance!
0
Comments
-
For your roofing/damp problem contact WJ Roofing. http://www.wjroofing.co.uk/ Very reliable, friendly, family firm who've been in business for donkeys years. Reasonable pricing too.
For a joiner you should ring the Home Solution Shop on 3831 6132 and ask when Wayne will be in your area next. Again, reliable, friendly and reasonable.0 -
Thanks so much, really appreciate your quick reply :beer:0
-
Sara
There could be a number of reasons for the damp, will PM you. Phone me if you wish and I might be able to narrow down the possibilities. (just maybe!)[STRIKE]Less is more.[/STRIKE] No less is Less.0 -
Throw a ladder up and rule out blocked gutters before you go too far and regarding the shelves, surely you know a man/lady/person with a screwdriver?!0
-
..........regarding the shelves, surely you know a man/lady/person with a screwdriver?!
My father-in-law has one and he'd be the LAST person I'd want putting up shelves in my house !!:rotfl:
just because they have the tools, doesn't mean they know how to use them........... that goes for a lot of folk in the building trade too !!!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards