We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Electrician in Craigavon area
x12yhp
Posts: 801 Forumite
in N. Ireland
Hi guys,
I have a little job in a new business premises. I have an electrical feed with isolator onto which I need a basic consumer unit. The lights then need attached (the light exists and a lead just needs connected) and I want a couple of double sockets at either side of the unit. I am from an engineering background and reckon it would take me no more than 2 hours but I cannot do it because I don't have the certs. I have an initial quote but it was equivalent to 2 months rent and, beyond the fact that I cannot afford that much, it seems a huge sum of money for connecting up a light and running two sockets.
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone a bit more reasonable? I have been recommended a guy but I cannot find him (or his number!) online so I cannot call him. I am looking to keep costs down so even if someone was willing to come and connect the things after I had run the cables or mounted the sockets/consumer unit, for a lesser amount, that would be great and would ensure I stick to necessary electrical regs.
Thanks for any help
I have a little job in a new business premises. I have an electrical feed with isolator onto which I need a basic consumer unit. The lights then need attached (the light exists and a lead just needs connected) and I want a couple of double sockets at either side of the unit. I am from an engineering background and reckon it would take me no more than 2 hours but I cannot do it because I don't have the certs. I have an initial quote but it was equivalent to 2 months rent and, beyond the fact that I cannot afford that much, it seems a huge sum of money for connecting up a light and running two sockets.
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone a bit more reasonable? I have been recommended a guy but I cannot find him (or his number!) online so I cannot call him. I am looking to keep costs down so even if someone was willing to come and connect the things after I had run the cables or mounted the sockets/consumer unit, for a lesser amount, that would be great and would ensure I stick to necessary electrical regs.
Thanks for any help
Always overestimating...
0
Comments
-
try Dennis 07850 170074 he is based in Belfast but works all over the country ."Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards