Vanquis to C.A.R.S to Capquest now Zink?

Options
Hi everyone,
has anyone had any dealings with Zink? Old account from Vanquis (£3,200) passed to C.A.R.S which I was paying at £100 per month. Then got letter out of the blue saying Capquest now owned debts and to contact them to arrange monthly payments. I didn't do this and took a 'payment break' for a few months with a view to saving up for a !!!!!! offer, the account is now at just under £2000.

Received a letter from Capquest a couple of days ago saying that if I resumed monthly £100 payments to them they would credit my account with £30 each time so decided to do this and phoned to speak to them about it and whether it would show as fully settled on my credit file.

Anyway, Capquest said that it is now with Zink (despite the fact that letter from them offers the above until 6th November!) and that they can't take it back from them although Zink may give the debt back to them if I phone Zink to ask them to do so. I'm just not sure about this, anyone had any dealings with Zink? I'm tempted to carry on putting the £100 away and wait until it goes back to Capquest, but I don't want this to go to court which is what keeps getting threatened in the letters.

Anyone with similar experience I would be grateful for advice, thank you.
January grocery challenge £0/£300

DFW2017 #49 £356/£8031

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Zinc?

https://www.thezincgroup.com/v1/index.php

Not come across that letterhead personally but I believe they bought JB debt recovery so I'm going to stick my neck out and say that they are typical low-life debt collectors.

You might want to save 5 monthly payments and offer that as full & final. It sounds like they are open to some sort of deal.

If you want to continue with paying 2k by instalments you will have to do that through the new collector. Court action is probably just a threat and would have to be taken by the owner of the account, if that is what Capquest now is.

Ever done a cca request on this?
  • nearlytherenow
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Low-life debt collectors? So hassle is likely then? I don't actually live at the address they have for me now, I moved a few months ago but all post is redirected here hence the letter from Capquest, so I don't think they will turn up on my door. Although having said that bank etc have my new address.

What is a CCA request? Sorry not heard that before.

DFW2017 #49 £356/£8031
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    When is the debt from? When was last payment?

Chances are it has been sold a few times over and you are now sadly a cash cow..

I'd send a CCA request off and ignore them.
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    CCA is for a copy of the consumer credit agreement you signed.

Cards and loans taken out before April 2007 require creditor to have the signed original with correct terms etc in order to get a CCJ.

You need to fill out a CCA request. A lot of creditors are poor at keeping these and a lot that have them do not have the correct terms to enforce in court.

See what comes back and don't bother paying til something does and you have made sure its enforceable.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=11636295&postcount=5
    :beer:
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Why I suggested the cca request is that you make the request under s77-79 of the act and the account is unenforceable until they comply (regardless of when the account started). As you would be sending the request to Zinc, who will pass it on to Capquest, who will have to request it from Vanquis, who won't be motivated to act on it as they no longer own the debt...

...it should ensure that you avoid court action (or at least have a defence to it) while you save a lump sum. And put you in a stronger position to negotiate with them when you are ready.
  • nearlytherenow
    Options
    Ah ok thank you for that info. I'll have to look back at my bank statements to see when I took it out, might be earlier than 2007 but I think it might be later.

Default was around Jan 2011 and last payment was May/June this year.

DFW2017 #49 £356/£8031
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family