PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

E Cloths - Advice Please

s_glover
s_glover Posts: 653
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 30 October 2013 at 4:17PM in Old style MoneySaving
I've recently come across E-cloths and am wondering if anyone has any expereince of these / would recommend them?

http://www.e-cloth.com/

These cloths are certainly not cheap but I have read that they are very longlasting so could be good value for money in the long term.

I particularly like the sound of the general purpose cloths, the glass and polishing cloth and the bathroom ones.

Comments

• Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    IMHO they are just clothes and nothing all that special. I think you would be better off with microfibre clothes.
  • loveka
    loveka Posts: 535
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    They are brilliant! They last years -I have some that are 7 years old. They are great for the environment too. The polishing cloth is amazing, and I would say produces a shine on taps, cooker etc better than when I use a cleaning product. I use them all the time. The kitchen sponge with a scourer on one side is also fab. All of these just go in the washing machine once a week.
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,464
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have the set of 2 that are for windows/glass/mirrors. They are brilliant and you get a lovely smear free finish every time without any cleaners or hassle :T
  • I think my favourite ones came from Wilkinsons and were super cheap. I must've had them pushing 7 years now! I can't see any real reason for getting e cloths, apart from the colour coding - and that might not be helpful for my OCD issues!! LOL

Jane
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    The glass ones are brilliant, imo - they need only the barest trace of water to leave my patio doors shiny and smear free. I've also got a 'bathroom' one, but that doesn't seem to be any different to a normal cloth, to be honest.
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks for your advice. I think I will definitely look at investing in the glass / polishing ones. There's nothing more frustrating than cleaning mirrors / windows and then realising they are all smeary. Last time I cleaned the inside of our windows they may have been clean but they didn't look much better with all the smears left behind.

Would any of you recommend the general purpose ones? I find picking up fluff anf dust can be tricky. Sometimes I just feel I am moving it about rather than getting rid of it!

Poppyjane, which ones do you have from Wilkos?
  • Muppet Goods
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport