Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Veg Box

in N. Ireland
9 replies 1.1K views
Not the best time of the year to be looking at this but can anyone recommend a good veg box supplier in the Belfast area? Hopefully a good local producer and even better if they also have a butcher.

Replies

• saverbuyer wrote: »
    Not the best time of the year to be looking at this but can anyone recommend a good veg box supplier in the Belfast area? Hopefully a good local producer and even better if they also have a butcher.

Jim Coffey's on the Belmont Road. Advertised as a butchers essentially but have excellent farm produce and their own deli with loads of home made items.
  • And they deliver too.
    If my post helps you, please click the 'thanks' button. :T
  • julie97au wrote: »
    And they deliver too.

Excellent info. Well out of my area but I'm sure the OP will be able to make use of it.
  • lazerlazer Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    GlynD wrote: »
    Excellent info. Well out of my area but I'm sure the OP will be able to make use of it.

Glyn D - are you not from North Armagh?

CastleFarm deliver to the following areas every Wednesday

Wednesday
    Dundrum, Newcastle, Castlewellan, Ballyward, Moneyslane, Katesbridge, Banbridge, Scarva, Gilford, Tandragee, Portadown, Craigavon, Lurgan, Dollingstown, Magheralin, Waringstown, Donaghcloney, Dromore, Kinallen, Dromara, Guiness, Drumaroad, Claragh areas
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • lazer wrote: »
    Glyn D - are you not from North Armagh?

CastleFarm deliver to the following areas every Wednesday

Wednesday
    Dundrum, Newcastle, Castlewellan, Ballyward, Moneyslane, Katesbridge, Banbridge, Scarva, Gilford, Tandragee, Portadown, Craigavon, Lurgan, Dollingstown, Magheralin, Waringstown, Donaghcloney, Dromore, Kinallen, Dromara, Guiness, Drumaroad, Claragh areas

Yes Lazer I am. Thank you for pointing that list out to me. I'm afraid I haven't been very well today and not always able to maintain concentration, so I'm not surprised I missed that.
  • lazerlazer Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    GlynD wrote: »
    Yes Lazer I am. Thank you for pointing that list out to me. I'm afraid I haven't been very well today and not always able to maintain concentration, so I'm not surprised I missed that.

Hope you feel better tomorrow!

I am going to order one of the FarmFoods boxes next week see what it is like.
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • lazer wrote: »
    Hope you feel better tomorrow!

I am going to order one of the FarmFoods boxes next week see what it is like.

I've got to the bottom of the reason why I'm ill so I'm very confident I'll be back to what I call "normality" tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts. :)
  • BigcammyBigcammy Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Tried some stuff from Castlefarm and was not impressed at all I'm afraid and I was very disappointed. Very average meat products and believe me I hoped it was going to be good, pity
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • Bigcammy wrote: »
    Tried some stuff from Castlefarm and was not impressed at all I'm afraid and I was very disappointed. Very average meat products and believe me I hoped it was going to be good, pity

It's the meat products which are the clincher for us. We want to have a butcher where we can get reliability and consistency. Unfortunately I've been ill this week though. It started just after we got back from Moira. So I've not been eating. What I did manage to try on Monday evening was what the Meat Centre calls a stuffed sausage. On closer examination it appears to be sausage meat with a core of stuffing. wrapped up in bacon. It was lovely. The stuffing had lots of lovely crunchy onions in it which I love. Herself didn't like them. Said they were too salty.

On the other hand she thinks the sausage rolls are the best she's ever eaten. I've only managed one and I thought it was very nice but not the best I've ever eaten.

The real test, when I get over this lurgy, will be in the sausages (that's sassages to you Belfast dwellers), vegetable roll and bacon (the basics of the Ulster Fry - or Ulster Grill as we now call it). The mince will have to be really good to impress me. That's before we even get into the various steak products we bought. All in the freezer at the minute.

There's two whacking great individual steak pies too which I can't wait to sink my teeth into, when I'm well enough to ensure they stay down. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals