A moan about Morrisons

Options
Not sure if this is the correct place to moan, but can mods move my post please if it's in the wrong site.

Right, I am a regular shopper at Morrisons (roughly £100-£150 a week) and they don't do points, loyalty cards or other offers that rivals seem to do. What they DO give you though is a coupon for £2.50 if you spend £50 at your next spend in the store.

I had one of these, spent £121, offered the coupon but was told it was out-of-date by a day. I would have used it on the expiry date but we have had severe storms here and roads were closed (mine was blocked by a fallen tree).

I would have thought that a bit of discretion could have been used here, but no. Maybe I'm being petty but I feel like boycotting them and taking my regular business elsewhere :(

Comments

• floopnoodle
    Options
    Beenie wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being petty but I feel like boycotting them and taking my regular business elsewhere :(

Why don't you?
  • Tiexen
    Tiexen Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When it was scanned it would show as being out of date - nothing the checkout person can do - did you go to customer services and ask them?
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ... you threw your toys out of the pram for £2.50?
    Blimey.
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am not 'throwing my toys out of the pram' I'm having a deserved moan about a retailer that is supposed to be chasing our business. Usually, people chip in with 'yes, that's happened to me' or 'annoying isn't it' but thank you for your comment anyway.

Tiexen, I did talk to CS but they said no, too bad.

This has come after a few episodes of wrong shelf prices or misleading offers where I've been overcharged by the store, so I think I'm answering my own unspoken question, which is why not go elsewhere in future.
  • Polmop
    Polmop Posts: 662 Forumite
    Options
    I have had this with Morrisons when the scratchcard was a couple of days out of date, they did give me the prize when i asked customer services
  • Mulder00
    Mulder00 Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Tiexen wrote: »
    When it was scanned it would show as being out of date - nothing the checkout person can do - did you go to customer services and ask them?

Computer says no.
  • graspandsave
    graspandsave Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    GO ELSEWHERE..........
    the others may not be any better under the same circs :wall:, but at least you will have voted with your feet
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,774 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2013 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Beenie wrote: »
    Right, I am a regular shopper at Morrisons (roughly £100-£150 a week) and they don't do points, loyalty cards or other offers that rivals seem to do. What they DO give you though is a coupon for £2.50 if you spend £50 at your next spend in the store.
    :(

But they do other things too.

For instance a spend of £40 per week before xmas will net you vouchers for a £40 off your shopping voucher. If you're being savvy, and splitting your shopping you could collect 2/3 vouchers per week and get even more off.

They also do an offer for 1p a litre off petrol for every £10 spent on giftcards.

And, in the interest of balance/clarity, my daughter works there p/t; but I have shopped there for far longer than she has worked there.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Funny thing is that if they hadn't given you the voucher in the first place, you would have been perfectly happy!

Send them a complaint email. They need to know if they are upsetting their regulars. The vouchers are intended to reward - not irritate!

Also, it will help to get it off your chest.
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,774 Forumite
    Options
    Ah! great minds - was just going to suggest e mailing them! You never know;)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family