Sun Alliance Policies Info

Hi, just seeing if anyone can give me advice about a policy i had many years ago with SunAlliance (1980s) - it was for a policy which i paid monthly so that if i had an accident at work i could be helped with any hospital bills or out of work income etc.

When i left to move to a different compnay i didnt need it and notified them i wouldnt need it any more - and to my suprise at the time i was told that i would loose any monies paid into it (which was for 2 years plus) at the time i was young so assumed that was how it was, but if just started thinking now that what if that was not the case.

Can any one advise or have had a similar experience??? :)

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    and to my suprise at the time i was told that i would loose any monies paid into it

Why is that a surprise? That is what happens you pay insurance.
    at the time i was young so assumed that was how it was

It is how it is. Do you expect money back on your car insurance or house insurance?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure