Left handed Gaming Mouse?

Hi my son wants a left handed gaming mouse for his birthday.

He has found one but was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions.

tia

dx

Comments

• SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    What's the difference with a gaming mouse from an ordinary one.
    I need to use my left hand for my mouse 'cos of an injury to my right hand, it took a lot of getting use to with the standard mouse and i'm a bit slow. But then i don't do gaming and perhaps speed would be important there.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 October 2013 at 12:48PM
    Found this thread, some of the replies say not to buy and some say not to buy Razer products.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    SailorSam wrote: »
    What's the difference with a gaming mouse from an ordinary one.
    I need to use my left hand for my mouse 'cos of an injury to my right hand, it took a lot of getting use to with the standard mouse and i'm a bit slow. But then i don't do gaming and perhaps speed would be important there.

This might help

You get more buttons which are positioned for gaming.
  • Carer
    Carer Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Steelseries Kana and Sensei, Razer Taipan, Roccat Kova - all these are ambidextrous gaming mice. Some reviews here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne7EQKVHeh8
  • banger9365
    banger9365 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 October 2013 at 4:29PM
    the razer is the only true left handed gaming mouse out but the quality is iffy some times,
    the other ones to look at are ambidextrous ones ,
    with the steelseries mouse software it turns the buttons off that a lefty(like me would not use)and reverses the buttons for left handed use (now that takes some time to get used to ,coming from a right handed mouse)but its more natural and easier after a few days ,and after a few days you forget that your using it setup for left hand use because its so natural
    the other one you have to tell the software what each button do's ,
    there or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff

• too much money for that mouse.

razor are a good brand, but this model it seems has mixed and INHO more neutral reviews than good or bad.

many mice are ambidextrous in the mouse settings in control panel in windows you can change the button settings.

leave roccat well alone. had a set of 7.1 headphones, not cheap bust in 7 days of ownership, had a mouse that went in 6 weeks poor products.

the best mouse I ever had that lasted 3 years under everyday use (gaming) was my OCZ equalizer mouse and it was really smooth mouse to have. I think their equivelant is dominatrix and behemoth.
  • Cycrow
    Cycrow Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    One thing to point out, does he usually swap the buttons over ?
    if so, then the Razer might be the best choice, as not all games map the mouse buttons according to them being swapped in windows, whereas the razer does it via hardware.

i personally find the left handed death adder as the best i've used (and what i currently use)
  • xxdeebeexx
    xxdeebeexx Posts: 1,964 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cycrow wrote: »
    One thing to point out, does he usually swap the buttons over ?
    if so, then the Razer might be the best choice, as not all games map the mouse buttons according to them being swapped in windows, whereas the razer does it via hardware.

i personally find the left handed death adder as the best i've used (and what i currently use)

My son doesn't swap the buttons over when using a right handed mouse.

We went to look at some ambidextrous mice yesterday and it seems that my son only wants buttons on one side.

He wants a left handed mouse...... (more choice for ambidextrous mice and cheaper)

Unfortunately he wasn't able to try any for 'fit' as they were all boxed.

dx
  • xxdeebeexx wrote: »
    Hi my son wants a left handed gaming mouse for his birthday.

He has found one but was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions.

tia

dx

their mouse ,keyboard are great, you are good to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure