TUPEd Civil Servants....

Options

Comments

• hyubh
    hyubh Posts: 3,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »

What on earth is the penultimate paragraph wittering on about? Here's what the actual Hutton report had to say on the matter:

'Recommendation: It is in principle undesirable for future non-public service workers to have access to public service pension schemes, given the increased long-term risk this places on the Government and taxpayers (Recommendation 16).'

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/207720/hutton_final_100311.pdf

If anything, the implication was a recommendation to close off non-public sector access to the LGPS, not extend it to the unfunded schemes.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hyubh wrote: »
    What on earth is the penultimate paragraph wittering on about? Here's what the actual Hutton report had to say on the matter:

'Recommendation: It is in principle undesirable for future non-public service workers to have access to public service pension schemes, given the increased long-term risk this places on the Government and taxpayers (Recommendation 16).'

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/207720/hutton_final_100311.pdf

If anything, the implication was a recommendation to close off non-public sector access to the LGPS, not extend it to the unfunded schemes.

The date is a giveaway - Huttons 'final' report was March 2011
    The link that I provided was 07 October 2013.
    What I am interested in - is the effects that the "new deal" will have on existing pensioners who were subject to being TUPEd from Civil Service posts already - will they "backdate" any pension amounts lost due to the transfer ?
  • hyubh
    hyubh Posts: 3,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    The date is a giveaway - Huttons 'final' report was March 2011
    The link that I provided was 07 October 2013.

Not sure what that has to do with my complaint... The press release linked to comes across as just garbling an already garbled government press release.
    What I am interested in - is the effects that the "new deal" will have on existing pensioners
    'Existing pensioners'? I very much doubt it - TUPE and 'fair deal' concerns the currently employed, not the previously employed. The government is hardly going to re-negotiate historical outsourcing contracts so that the outsourcer has to pay a large retrospective pension contribution, and moreover, get into the business of de-crystalising crystalised pension benefits.
    will they "backdate" any pension amounts lost due to the transfer ?
    I honestly don't understand why you think this would be on the table. OK, pension monies probably appear to come out of thin air in the unfunded schemes, but they don't really...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure