MSE News: Tesco Clubcard customer? Check now for unspent vouchers

"Up to £16 million worth of Tesco Clubcard vouchers are all due to expire on 30 November - so check your account now..."
Read the full story:

Tesco Clubcard customer? Check now for unspent vouchers

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Not too much of a problem for me. I have just logged in and someone has spent mine in Oxford. :mad: Going to call T at 8 and see what they say. £60 worth that did not expire until November 2014. :(
  • janiebaby29
    janiebaby29 Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Did you lose your card ?
    The original janiebaby ;)
    3010 Posts: 5,420 Forumite
    Did you lose your card ?

It was not a lost card it was someone who hacked my account Tesco think and them they printed my vouchers off. They have recredited them back. So should hopefully come out in November. :)

**** Please do check your accounts people. You could be missing hundreds of vouchers. This has been going on a while now. Tesco are fully aware and are working with the police to trace those behind this. ****
  • cheever
    cheever Posts: 13 Forumite
    The same thing happened to me. I emailed Tesco and told them (I had not lost my card,) Someone had used printed off my vouchers and used them instore. I presume they had hacked Tesco's site as it was nothing to do with anything from my end. Tesco replaced them for me. I had lost a similar amount. It has happended to others apparantly. When I go into my account it came up with a strange name, presumably the person who had spent my vouchers.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Cheevor:

Have you amended the details to yourself, and changed your password? Also, your email address password if it's something like 'hotmail' or 'yahoo'.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Dozens of people have tweeted me or sent messages on Facebook since I had my vouchers stolen. All have been told by Tesco that it was their own fault and not Tesco's. The password I used for Tesco was unique so it was not my fault. Tesco are still not warning customers that this could happen. If yours go missing now you won't get a replacement until February (next mailing). I no longer shop with Tesco after over 40 years because I don't feel their systems are keeping my information safe and I'm not happy that they don't warn their customers of potential fraud risks. They may have informed the police but WHY did they not inform customers months ago?
  • As above:)
  • hjd
    hjd Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    3010 wrote: »
    Not too much of a problem for me. I have just logged in and someone has spent mine in Oxford. :mad: Going to call T at 8 and see what they say. £60 worth that did not expire until November 2014. :(
    See this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=63644753&utm_source=MSE_FS&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=29-Oct-13
  • :mad: Hi just to say just had my Tesco account hacked and all my vouchers have gone!!!! They changed my email and password and had my vouchers sent to there email address online I have now changed everything. informed police and Tesco have credited back my vouchers happy days NOT!!!!"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    When I received my latest lot of vouchers Tesco had 'reprinted' some high value unused ones as well.

I really cannot see the point of this. They were not due to expire until next year. It was not all of them just the most valuable ones.

Good job they were not stolen in the post.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure