Arthur Christmas DVD £5 / Blu-ray £7 (includes UV copy) - Free Delivery - Sainsbury's

Options
autumngirl
autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 15 October 2013 at 7:07PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Fab prices with free UK mainland delivery :)

DVD (+ UV copy) - £5
https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/DVD/Hugh-Laurie/Arthur-Christmas-DVDPlusUltraviolet/product.html?product=E11094272

Blu-ray (+ UV copy) - £7 (regular blu-ray, not the 3D version)
https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/Blu-ray/Hugh-Laurie/Arthur-Christmas-Blu-rayPlusUltraviolet/product.html?product=E11094273#

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Sainsbury's has confirmed Arthur Christmas on DVD will be on offer for £5 (was £13.99) online until Christmas 2013. (It will be available in stores nationwide from Mon 4 Nov.) Sainsbury's has said there's plenty of stock available.

This is the cheapest we’ve seen this title (next cheapest is £8), but it’s always worth using our Megashopbot to compare before buying. Thanks to autumngirl for sharing this offer.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• toothfairy21
    Options
    Never heard of this film but had a look at it on Amazon and it looks great! Have ordered blu-ray version for DS. Great price, thanks OP!
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    never heard of UV copies so looked it up - still not sure I understand it :o
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options
    For anyone who hasnt seen it, it really is great - fab for littlies but brilliant for teens and adults, my teens are in stitches over Grand Santa! you wont be disappointed :grin:

Thanks OP, great price! x
  • autumngirl
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chris25 wrote: »
    never heard of UV copies so looked it up - still not sure I understand it :o

Not actually used it myself but I think this is how it works (I'm sure someone will correct me if not!)....

UltraViolet copies are a relatively new thing where you basically get the rights to access a bonus (digital) copy of a film/tv show when you buy the film/show on DVD or Blu ray.

Inside the DVD/Blu-ray case you'll get a unique code printed on a piece of card and, once signed up to UltraViolet, you can use that code to access a digital copy of the film/show which can then be watched for a limited time on a limited number of devices (eg PC, ipod, Android phone/tablet etc), either streamed or downloaded.

You can share the codes with family/friends so they can watch the film as well as yourself (without having to lend them the actual DVD/Blu-ray disc) or some people even sell the codes on ebay! The codes do have expiry dates and can only be shared with up to 5 other people but can be a nice little bonus while they last.
  • autumngirl
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    For anyone who hasnt seen it, it really is great - fab for littlies but brilliant for teens and adults, my teens are in stitches over Grand Santa! you wont be disappointed :grin:

Thanks OP, great price! x

Looking forward to watching it as I keep hearing how good it is!

I've been wanting to buy this since it was released for sale, last Christmas, but was waiting for the price to drop as it has held it's price so well. It's obviously still early days for this Christmas season but this is by far the cheapest I've found so I couldn't wait any longer! :)
  • lizziebell*80
    Options
    Watched this on tv last Christmas, or maybe it was on DVD,can't remember, but was really good :) I enjoyed it more than my 3 year old (although that was more for attention span reasons!).
    Never too early for Xmas planning, mine starts on Boxing Day each year in the sales :P
  • yorkieorchid
    Options
    Does anyone know if this offer is available instore too please?
  • BettyGraceRose
    Options
    Thank You autumngirl, I took my 2nd oldest Daughter and a couple of her friends to see this at the Cinema in November 2011 and we loved it. I've ordered the DVD from Sainsbury's today and we shall enjoy watching it on her upcoming Birthday next month :) very happy MSE'r today! :j
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options
    autumngirl wrote: »
    Looking forward to watching it as I keep hearing how good it is!

I've been wanting to buy this since it was released for sale, last Christmas, but was waiting for the price to drop as it has held it's price so well. It's obviously still early days for this Christmas season but this is by far the cheapest I've found so I couldn't wait any longer! :)

am sure you will love it! its very magical and also very funny, and fantastic price too! :T xxx
  • 100yoga
    100yoga Posts: 137 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just ordered two copies, 1 for me and 1 for niece and nephew, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure