We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What best to clean inside of breadmaker?

K9sandFelines
K9sandFelines Posts: 2,998 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 3 October 2013 at 9:21AM in Old style MoneySaving
Over time, crumbs/ingredients have dried onto the inside of the machine. Would a bicarb paste work or not with the element being exposed? I should really read my manual !
GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
(20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

Forever learning the art of frugality

Comments

  • I just hoovered out the crumbs etc in mine, and wiped it down with a damp cloth. But not had it long. Off to re read my manual,
    Sorry not a lot of help.
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

    Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

    November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I just hoovered out the crumbs etc in mine, and wiped it down with a damp cloth. But not had it long. Off to re read my manual,
    Sorry not a lot of help.

    Thanks, but this is kind of baked on. I will definitely have to find where the manual is, but from memory I don't think it ever had any tips for this I think like you have said it uust advises to wipe with soapy water. Will report back :D
    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • What about filling it with some hot soapy water and leaving it for a few hours?I've only ever wiped mine with a damp cloth.I'm not sure about using something abrasive,even if it is just bicarb.
  • Anne_Marie_2
    Anne_Marie_2 Posts: 2,123 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    What about filling it with some hot soapy water and leaving it for a few hours?I've only ever wiped mine with a damp cloth.I'm not sure about using something abrasive,even if it is just bicarb.

    :eek: Sorry, I wouldn't advise this. Would imagine it would render the bread maker unusable, as in broken! I think that the OP is talking about the actual interior of the breadmaker, not the loaf pan.

    I've only ever wiped mine with a damp cloth, so can't help OP.
  • Anne_Marie wrote: »
    :eek: Sorry, I wouldn't advise this. Would imagine it would render the bread maker unusable, as in broken! I think that the OP is talking about the actual interior of the breadmaker, not the loaf pan.

    I've only ever wiped mine with a damp cloth, so can't help OP.

    Oops,you're right.I got a bit muddled up there.:o
  • Oh checked my manual, says
    wipe with a damp cloth but be careful to avoid damaging the temperature sensor.!
    Help full. .. not.
    I would put a damp cloth over the burnt bit and leave it for a while... to see if that softens it enough
    Sorry can't be more help.
    today's mood is brought to you by coffee, lack of sleep and idiots.

    Living on my memories, making new ones.
    declutter 104/2020

    November GC £96.09/£100.
    December GC £00.00/£100
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.