FTB Seeking Advice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
4 replies 500 views
rcooperrcooper Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi there,

My husband and I are first time buyers who are seeking advice on the best way of securing a mortgage.

We have a £25k deposit, and joint incomes (not self-employed) of approximately £70k. We have both been in our current jobs for 5+ years and have no outstanding debt. Our circumstances are probably fairly straightforward, but we are keen to seek advice as we know very little about the mortgage market. Is it advisable to speak to a mortgage broker?

Many thanks in advance.

Replies

• ACGACG Forumite
    21.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your looking for advice then yes a broker is the best bet.
    I would say avoid estate agent based brokers.

But to be honest, you sound like you have nothing complicated to worry about so it should be straight forward enough.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thanks so much- very helpful and reassuring.
  • owitemisermusaowitemisermusa Forumite
    951 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    May I suggest looking online? You can find lots of info and deals around. If things are as straightforward as they sound, trawl the high street lenders to see what's on offer.

That way you'll have lots of info when you sit down with a broker.

Best of luck.
    Tough times never last longer than tough people.
  • amnblogamnblog Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of info you don't understand
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals