Advice - Bailiff

Options
Hi everyone

I am really desperate for some advice, I received a parking ticket back in December 2012. I received a letter and genuinely forgot to pay the fine, I then sold my car in May and moved house soon after so completely forgot all about the parking fine. I had a phone call from the new home owners to say a number of letters addressed to me, were at the house so I picked them up and they were from a company who have now hiked the fine up to 316 pounds (dated 4 weeks ago). I didn't receive these letters from the Bailiffs otherwise it would have triggered my memory to pay the parking ticket urgently. I am so worried about how to deal with this when I call them tomorrow, I do not have over 200 pounds in the bank and dont know what to do. I really appreciate any advice or guidance anyone can offer.

Thanks

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Are these definitely letters from bailiffs? not debt collectors?

Do the letters state that you now have a CCJ in relation to this debt?

Who was the parking ticket issued by? a private firm? a council?
    Who is now try to collect the debt?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • purplestripe
    Options
    Hi Tixy

I received a few letters from Equita and two signed from a bailiff who has visited the property and enclosed an inventory of the new owners vehicles. They are from the local council and the letter says that they have a warrant from Northampton County Court. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport