edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
16 replies 1.3K views
2»

Replies

• GMSGMS Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    With a deposit so low I don't think you have a chance Lee.

Why did it take so long for the CCJ to be issued?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • I was on a Debt management plan for so long, then thinkg became really touch and had to come off it, hence the CCJ.

So theres no point in me even looking now?
  • ACGACG Forumite
    21.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A debt management plan is a million times worse than a CCJ.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • It may very well be, but i had no choice in the matter. All i want to know is if its worth me paying an adviser to looking into a mortgage?
  • edited 1 October 2013 at 10:26PM
    Senior_Paper_MonitorSenior_Paper_Monitor Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 October 2013 at 10:26PM
    Lee -

Based on the information you have now given there is no chance of you getting a mortgage at the moment - you have 2 or 3 years minimum of hard work ahead of you (repairing and saving) before you will be able to do so.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • ACGACG Forumite
    21.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore credit scores... i say it time and time again. The score is pointless!

You can have a good score but with a DMP you will find it very difficult to get a mortgage. It may be your partner is in a better position to get a mortgage.

But with a DMP, anything shy of fully satisfied and atleast a 25-30% deposit and you really will struggle. I would still say its best to have a couple of years between the DMP and any application. I would also work towards a 30% deposit.

As for the new help to buy thing, i dont think the lenders who would accept the DMP are part of that scheme... atleast not at the moment.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides