Ash blonde gone slightly green!!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
9 replies 1.3K views
sofababesofababe Forumite
1.4K Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
I've dyed my hair today, going from fairly light blonde to a darker ash blonde. Well, that was the plan. In the artificial light indoors I think it looks a little bit greeny, my daughter says not. I'm going to wait till the morning and look at it in natural daylight.

If I'm right and it's gone greenish what do you lovely ladies (and guys) recommend? I have a purple toned shampoo (Freida), and ketchup in the fridge. Have any of you had this problem and which method did you use? I'll have about an hour to get it washed and dried, and can't see a hairdresser at all tomorrow :o

Help :eek:

Replies

  • Fag_ash_lilFag_ash_lil Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    sofababe wrote: »
    I've dyed my hair today, going from fairly light blonde to a darker ash blonde. Well, that was the plan. In the artificial light indoors I think it looks a little bit greeny, my daughter says not. I'm going to wait till the morning and look at it in natural daylight.

    If I'm right and it's gone greenish what do you lovely ladies (and guys) recommend? I have a purple toned shampoo (Freida), and ketchup in the fridge. Have any of you had this problem and which method did you use? I'll have about an hour to get it washed and dried, and can't see a hairdresser at all tomorrow :o

    Help :eek:

    Am not sure if this helps ..... I've done the same as you in the past ...gone from a light blonde to a darker ash blonde . When I first did it I panicked because I really thought it looked green ..... I even rang work the following morning to book 2 days holiday ! :rotfl:

    Anyway to cut a long story short . . . After a couple of tearful days I realised it wasn't actually green ... It had just seemed it to me .... I think that was because " to me " it looked so much darker . . . But it really wasn't .

    Unless the colour looks the same as a blade of grass , I would think that you are panicking over nothing ! Would your daughter really not have told you if it looked green and awful ?

    I would be very careful about what I put on it for a few days, as it may well make it worse .

    Anyway I hope you feel happier about it all in the morning , when you've seen it in natural daylight .

    I'll check back on here tomorrow to see how you've got on .

    Don't panic x
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • donnac2558donnac2558 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The trouble with ash shades are they have reddish tones in them. So yes, you may have faint hint of green, it did happen to me long ago. This is depending on what shade you where before. I asked a few different people if I had a green hint and they said yes. Went to hairdresser he said yes! I got a slapped wrist and told if going darker do it in stages, or let a professional do it. Also be careful of the ash shades.

    Tomato sauce will help taking the green out. Slap on dry hair and left for about half an hour then rinse and wash well. You might have to do it a few times.
  • natbagsnatbags Forumite
    285 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Tomato Ketchup (bizarre I know, but it works!) just remember to wash it out x
  • DigForVictoryDigForVictory Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for ketchup. Supermarket own brand just as effective as Heinz. Still needs copious washing out (as will shower...)
    If you share a bathroom - leave a warning note, as an unexplained ketchup bottle can just overwater the imagination...
  • sofababesofababe Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all for your replies. I had a look in the natural light and it didn't look nearly so green as it had last night. I think I panicked and as Lil said, it looked so different I convinced myself it had gone hideously wrong. I saw 3 people today that I see at least once a week and not one of them mentioned my hair had changed colour, so it's either that it looks terrible so they decided not keep schtum, or it actually isn't that different after all.

    I'm going to leave it alone for now. I'm seeing my brutally honest friend tomorrow, so I'll know the truth after that :D

    I also have to take littley to a swimming class on Wednesday, hopefully I can keep my hair out of the water, the amount of chlorine they use would turn anyone's hair green :eek:
  • If you put a brown shade on blonde hair it will go a khaki colour..
    You'd need to put red on it, as blonde hair doesn't have much (if any) red pigment
  • Fag_ash_lilFag_ash_lil Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    sofababe wrote: »
    Thanks all for your replies. I had a look in the natural light and it didn't look nearly so green as it had last night. I think I panicked and as Lil said, it looked so different I convinced myself it had gone hideously wrong. I saw 3 people today that I see at least once a week and not one of them mentioned my hair had changed colour, so it's either that it looks terrible so they decided not keep schtum, or it actually isn't that different after all.

    I'm going to leave it alone for now. I'm seeing my brutally honest friend tomorrow, so I'll know the truth after that :D

    I also have to take littley to a swimming class on Wednesday, hopefully I can keep my hair out of the water, the amount of chlorine they use would turn anyone's hair green :eek:

    I was just wondering what your friend said about your hair ?
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • sofababesofababe Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    She said it didn't really look much different!! It's obviously just me then :rotfl:

    Panic over:o
  • Fag_ash_lilFag_ash_lil Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    sofababe wrote: »
    She said it didn't really look much different!! It's obviously just me then :rotfl:

    Panic over:o

    That's good news x
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals