De-odourant

Hello all

I don't usually venture into this thread, but, may I ask a question?

Having run out of a commercial roll-on de-odourant (sp?); I wondered if there was a cheap alternative?

Thought I read somewhere that you can use baking powder in an emergency, although, not sure if that's right. Don't want to powder myself up with the wrong stuff and have people wondering whose been baking!

Thanks in advance

BBB
My dog: Ears as high ranging in frequency as a bat. Nose as sensitive as a bloodhound. Eyes as accurate as Mr. Magoo's!
Prepper and saver: novice level. :A #81 Save 12k in 2013! £3.009.00/£12,000
#50 C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z. HairyGardenTwineWrangler & MAW OH: SpadeSplatterer. DDog:Hairy hotwater bottle and seat warmer!

Comments

• Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi,

If you google rock deodarant. I've read that although it isn't cheap by any means it probably is money saving as it tends to last for about a year. You would need to look at reviews as I'm only going on what I've read.

Personally, I've used the very cheaper brands from Tesco's and Sainsburys and to be honest the are rubbish. They don't work :o and a can only lasts a week if that.
    I now use Garnier type products which lasts ages and does work.
  • Hellp Linda32

Thanks for that, :) I shall look about for price comparisions on that, and must try googling myself for any emergency substitutes in the meanwhile....

BBB
    My dog: Ears as high ranging in frequency as a bat. Nose as sensitive as a bloodhound. Eyes as accurate as Mr. Magoo's!
    #50 C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z. HairyGardenTwineWrangler & MAW OH: SpadeSplatterer. DDog:Hairy hotwater bottle and seat warmer!
  • Hey all

Finally researched and recipe for a substitute as follows:

Using baking soda as a deodorant is a simple way to combat body odours. Mix an eighth of a teaspoon of baking soda with a little bit of water — don't dissolve it — and rub it under your arms. You can also create a baking soda and cornstarch mix to fight odour and help prevent wetness. Simply mix one part baking soda with six parts cornstarch and dust a little on your underarms. (From mother nature network web site)

Or crystal rock

Or fresh lemon (ouch if you've just shaved)

Or rubbing alcohol mixed with essential oil few drops e.g. tea tree or lavender

That's helped me, so, I hope it helps others too...

BBB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure