Don't know if anyone can help me?!

Options
Hi,

I received an email the other day from DPD telling me that my parcel would be delivered today (11th). It was sent to my competition email address so it's nothing I've ordered. I thought it might have been the coffee machine I won several months ago as that was due for delivery at the end of September.

Anyway, I waited in for this parcel today but nothing turned up, and for some reason there was no online tracking information, which I thought was strange as DPD are usually great and give you a one hour time slot. So I gave them a ring, and they said the reason there is no tracking information is because the parcel hadn't been collected and therefore won't be delivered today, so my best option would be to contact the sender to see what the problem is. Well obviously I've no idea who the sender is! DPD were really helpful though, and told me it had been sent by a company called Cristina Abriani. Well I've never heard of them and after a quick google, I can't recall having entered any competitions with them! Can anyone shed any light on this company or know of why I'm supposedly getting a parcel from them?!

Comments

• starrybee
    starrybee Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cristina Abriani seem to manage upcoming high-end fashion labels, so at a guess I would say it's probably clothes/handbag/shoes of some sort :D
  • jellyfox
    Options
    starrybee wrote: »
    Cristina Abriani seem to manage upcoming high-end fashion labels, so at a guess I would say it's probably clothes/handbag/shoes of some sort :D

Oooh lovely! That would be a nice surprise, I'm so impatient though knowing that it was supposed to be here today! :D
  • maxamos
    maxamos Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    I think it's the coffee machine as I am waiting for one as well and received the same DPD email without any delivery today. Unless of course we have both been lucky again and won something else :)
  • jellyfox
    Options
    maxamos wrote: »
    I think it's the coffee machine as I am waiting for one as well and received the same DPD email without any delivery today. Unless of course we have both been lucky again and won something else :)

I won't get my hopes up then, it probably is the coffee machine, that would make sense! :D Bit annoying that it didn't get delivered though as I hate waiting in for things that don't arrive!
  • geige46
    Options
    Hello

I've just spoken to Cristina, as I had the same issue. She said it is partly her mistake as she started printing out labels for boxes on Wednesday but with the collection date from her as Friday (13th), so they should actually arrive on Mon/Tue. She said she's rung DPD to ask them to renotify everyone and said she hopes we all enjoy our LaVazza machines
  • jellyfox
    Options
    geige46 wrote: »
    Hello

I've just spoken to Cristina, as I had the same issue. She said it is partly her mistake as she started printing out labels for boxes on Wednesday but with the collection date from her as Friday (13th), so they should actually arrive on Mon/Tue. She said she's rung DPD to ask them to renotify everyone and said she hopes we all enjoy our LaVazza machines

Ah that's great, thank you very much for letting me know! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure