~~ My Loan ~~

Options
I don't have credit good enough to get my loan from a bank, so I'm seeking alternate methods of funding. Tell me what you think.

The loan is for a membership site I'm opening.

I went and got 250 people to pre-order a membership for $100 (One time offer, life long membership with VIP and benefits)

That is $25,000 in sales before taxes and merchant fees. About $18,000 after tax and fee.

I need $10,000 to open the site, I have $18,000 in sales.

I have the names and numbers, emails, occupations, and locations of all 250 people.

I'm going to meet with an investor or potential investor or another web master or wealthy person and offer to have him meet with over 100 of these people and actually hold the money in their hand.

Then I'm going to give him the contact number of someone high ranked at a major news network. I talked to them and they said they would love to do an article on my site and be the first to expose it, so my site is going to be on the news AND in the paper.

Once I show the investor/person $18,000 in pre-sales without the site being open and let him speak with the major news network about exposure, I'm going to give him more contacts of other webmasters who want to pay an even $1000 for 12 months of heavy advertising on my website - that is thousands more in profit that the investor can actually hold in his hand.

So since I can show him that the site will make over $20,000 within 3 months of the opening with proof he can hold in his hand, plus proof of major news exposure and secured advertising profit -

Do you think he will put the money in even though I have no credit?

I mean after all, I can bring 250 people into an auditorium with $100 in their hand, let him speak with a major news network contact, and show him the URL and names and numbers of other webmasters who want to pay $1000 for 12 months advertising.

So he knows he will get his money.

What do you all think?

Comments

• pusscat
    pusscat Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    All sounds OK on paper, but if I was the investor I would want to see more than just a vague business idea which is what this sounds like at the moment:

1 what is the site selling that is so unique?
    2 have these 250 people already paid their $100
    3 what cut do I take as the investor
    4 what guarantees do I get
    5 Is this using a limited company (or something which removes liability from me personally)
    6 is it legal?
    7 What guarantees can you give about your contact in the news - if it is just that your brothers mate works for Sky news then I would not see that as any guarantee - I could find better contacts myself
    8 I would query why you cannot get credit - if it was from a failed busines venturees then I would walk away
    9 I would want to see everything in writing with cast iron guarantees - you could just be a con man who is loking for a fast buck....
    10 Is it something htat the 250 people would wan to shout about being a memeber of, or is it something a little less savoury?
    11 I would want more than names and URLs - they could just be things you have set up, I owuld be loooking for serious participants who were willing to put money on the table and get involved.....

If you could give me proof that it was all above board then I may be tempted, however, I would need to know the in's and outs of the idea, and if it was that unique I may well be tempted to just go and do it myself without any involvement from you - I know you can't do it as you don't have the cash.

Beware of giving too much information away - you may find your idea is borrowed!

Loads of people have business ideas, very few of them really make money so I would want to see what made you different from all the others....

Puss
  • cdmech88
    Options
    I think you're a little jealous of my super powers.

That is an awful lot of things you listed.

=X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport