Options
2»

Comments

• yorkie2
    yorkie2 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    John_Gray wrote: »
    If it is possible to get an 'ordinary' Oystercard for £5 and have this charge refunded when the card's no longer needed, ...
    You can, but if there is a likelihood of visiting London again in future, I would simply keep the Oyster card, as it would avoid faffing about on your next visit, especially if you've gone to the trouble of registering it and loading your Railcard discount onto it!

Note, however, that you would have to load your Railcard discount onto the Oyster card next time you renew, but you would not have to fill the form in again.

I live over 180 miles from London, but I still have an Oyster card (and with auto top-up enabled so I never have to worry about topping up) as it's so much more convenient, and I visit the capital every so often.
  • maniacmartin
    Options
    I agree with yorkie2. A ticket to Zone U12* London, which First Great Western's website will happily sell, allows one journey passing through Zones 1 and 2 between the appropriate London Terminal and a London Underground/DLR station. (It is not a Travelcard).

If you were instead to get a ticket to Greenwich instead, it is only a 7 minute walk (0.4 miles) to Cutty Sark anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure