Help please Quizonaut need ID

Options
Hi Guys,

I have won a £30 Ikea gift card but it says i need to upload a proof of address like a bill, passport or driving license, does that sound dodgy?

Comments

• Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know who quizonaut are, but I think whoever they are, they cannot gain much from a copy of a bill, other than your address, that they would need to send the prize. I woud prefer to send that than a copy of my driving licence or anything.
  • rstewart
    Options
    Thanks, that does make sense, just brought up to think everything is a scam!
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    rstewart wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have won a £30 Ikea gift card but it says i need to upload a proof of address like a bill, passport or driving license, does that sound dodgy?

hi, this might help..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4743367&highlight=quizonaut
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Elsbells21
    Elsbells21 Posts: 1,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had to provide ID when I won perfume, so what I did was take a copy of my driving licence and blacked out everything that wasn't necessary and sent them a scan. They shouldn't complain then :)

Well done!
  • rstewart
    Options
    thanks both, especially for the link, i had a look around for previous posts about it, but should have done a proper search. So great i have only been doing the quizzes on here a couple of days and won yay!
  • kittycatty
    kittycatty Posts: 3,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've won with them a couple of times now and provided a copy of my water bill and received my prize with no problems.
    Think it's about time the comping fairy remembered where I am! lol

• grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've won with them before- (Well 4 times actually, but as they've all been mousemats I only bothered claiming one!) and they DO ask for ID, so yes, it's legit.
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • zoqy71
    zoqy71 Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    I won a stress out CD today. It all looks a bit dodgy to me so I uploaded a photo of my dog :-)
    Winnings to date (from Sep 2013) = £10400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport