Forum Home» Money Saving Polls

How do you rate your bank account’s service?

New Post Advanced Search

How do you rate your bank account’s service?

edited 7 February 2014 at 11:49AM in Money Saving Polls
5 replies 1.9K views
Former_MSE_DebsFormer_MSE_Debs
890 posts
edited 7 February 2014 at 11:49AM in Money Saving Polls
Poll started 5 Aug 2013

We run this poll on big banks' current accounts every six months to see how the experience changes. We’d love your feedback.

Please vote based on CUSTOMER SERVICE for your main CURRENT account over the last SIX MONTHS. Please ignore rates or any other products, or service from before six months ago.

Did you vote? Why did you pick that option? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below clicking reply to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide .

To see the results from last time, click this.

Replies

• I have my current account with Natwest and I swing in and out of credit fairly regularly. I'm not usually overdrawn by very much and stay within the interest free limit of my overdraft when I do use it.

I find the service to be average. They haven't done anything wrong or given me any reason to complain, but equally they haven't done enough to make me recommend them.

My main bug bear with Natwest is the hassle I get in branch. I can't remember the last time I went to the counter without being propositioned about home insurance/mortgages/premium accounts/loans. I'm also often pestered about a "review" of my account.

I always politely decline. I usually tell them that I can't commit to an appointment due to erratic working hours. They always reply with "I can book you an appointment and you can just cancel it". This makes me think that they're only interested in their own targets rather than what is best for their customers.

This week I was so fed up with the constant hard-sell that I said that I was perfectly happy managing my own finances, I wasn't interested in a review, that I would seek advice independently if I needed help, and that if they continue to hassle me I'd move my account elsewhere. Hopefully they'll leave me alone next time!

My only other niggle with Natwest is that they've closed the small local branches nearest to me so now I have to use the main city centre branch which is always very busy.
  • Gordon_the_MoronGordon_the_Moron Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    As a Santander 123 customer (who has also had a non-123 current account with them and various other products, Zero Card, ISAs, regular savers amongst others) I think they're excellent, never had any reason whatsoever to complain.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • BobbinAlongBobbinAlong Forumite
    166 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have a secondary current account with Nat West and always end up queueing for ages if I have to go into our small town branch. Down the road in the Halifax, service is much better.
  • cdotrcdotr Forumite
    13 posts
    I have a Santander 123 as my main current account and a Natwest account as a secondary account. Would put Santander customer service way above Natwests from product knowledge right through to just plain friendliness. That is branch and telephone staff!
    Santander 123 cashback 2013: £31.45
    Santander 123 interest 2013: £64.64
    Santander 123 credit card cashback 2013: £57.45

Saving challange 2013 3750/5000 :j
  • Gordon_the_MoronGordon_the_Moron Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, if you ignore rates as the poll asks you to, what is the difference between Santander's everyday current account and the 123 account? If nothing, why not put them together in the poll?
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support