DVLNI and change of address

Options
talksalot81
talksalot81 Posts: 1,227 Forumite
I am currently moving in and out of rented accomodation. The DVLNI indicates that I need to change my details if my permanent address changes. Do these changes count? The address which my license is registered at is my parental home so still the address I use for financial matters etc. I am trying to avoid having to pay DVLNI £38 (there are two of us) every 6 months just so they can change the address!

Thanks
2 + 2 = 4
except for the general public when it can mean whatever they want it to.

Comments

• Milko
    Milko Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Change of address is free of charge.
    If you're "constantly" moving though, I wouldn't worry too much about it as it takes them around 4 weeks everytime you request a new licence.
    That said, I just got officially cautioned the other day for not having both parts of my licence (lost the paper part) & having a different address. I moved 3 years ago from 1 side of my street to the other & never changed my licence.
  • talksalot81
    talksalot81 Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    Options
    Oh thanks - I wish the DVLNI website was a bit more clear, I could find no mention of 'change of address' in their list of fees so assumed it fell into the closest other category.

I will move twice a year or so - but if the change is free i see no reason not to do the change each time, it probably causes DVLNI excessive work but that is the rules I guess!
    2 + 2 = 4
    except for the general public when it can mean whatever they want it to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure