We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Finally Found It

White vinegar that is, walked into a greengrocer that I kept saying I must look at but am never in the right transport at the right time and it was there under some racking. £1.30 for 5 litres.

Also walked out with beansprouts, plum tomatoes, watercress, cooking apples, ordinary apples, asian pears, beetroot, onions, a lemon and a lime.

And one of the staff helped me carry my shopping back to the shop where my daughter works. They told me the shortest route to the car park for when I want to come again and even told me I could park my car outside if I want to buy in bulk! With trays of 30 extra large eggs for £2.50 I will definitely be needing the car for the next visit.

Sorry, went a bit off track there, had to laugh when eldest asked what I wanted so much vinegar for and dh said cleaning! I hadn't even told him what I wanted it for, he's cleverer than I realised.:rotfl:
Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250

Comments

  • Alison_B
    Alison_B Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I looked on the Tesco website when I did my shopping today and they had white wine vinegar. Is that the same thing. That shop sounds fantastically cheap and the staff sound helpful.
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    weehee7cy.gif ... well done moggins :)



    I've been searching the net trying to find larger quantities but no luck yet!

    Alison, white wine vinegar would be too expensive to waste ;) ... you want just normal distilled vinegar - about 61p for 568ml bottle in Tesco. Just don't do what I did last week and buy the larger jar for pickling cos it's already got pickling spices in it :rolleyes:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

  • Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    50p a bottle in Asda under the name of distilled vinegar. Did three loads of washing yesterday and forgot to use it!
  • Daisy
    Daisy Posts: 156 Forumite
    I'd been on the lookout for white vinegar after reading you could get 5 litres for under £2 and I finally found it in an Indian supermarket for £1.59. I was sooo pleased.

    Funnily enough, it doesn't smell as much as Sarsons and my clothes don't smell of it when I've just washed them.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.