We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Glasgow - faulty misted window

evangeline
evangeline Posts: 151 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
Can anyone recommend someone to fix a foggy double glazed window? Thanks.

Comments

  • blossom30
    blossom30 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Hi I have misted units too and Im just about to get quotes I spotted 2 Cos in the Glaswegian one is https://www.mistedupglass.com tel no 0141 280 0160 and the other is double glazing repairs free phone 0800 389 4743 they quote a price from £25 I haven't phoned yet so let me know if you try them cheers shrewdal
  • evangeline
    evangeline Posts: 151 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks , shrewdal , will let you know how it goes.
  • blossom30
    blossom30 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Hi Got another co from this weeks Glaswegian https://www.windorrepairs.com tel freephone08006520816 cheers shrewdal
  • evangeline
    evangeline Posts: 151 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks again , have been rather busy with other problems today , don't actually live in this flat , but will check these out soon. Thanks
    shrewdal
  • stormbreaker
    stormbreaker Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Most glaziers or window fitting companies will do these repairs. You need to replace the whole glass unit. We did it a number of years ago and the replacement glass was not too expensive. Much cheaper than replacement windows!
  • evangeline
    evangeline Posts: 151 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Just to update , seems this problem is going to be very expensive. Apparently glass is hot bonded onto the aluminium ( listed building). Anyone any experience of this?
  • kayl
    kayl Posts: 474 Forumite
    Sorry, not able to help with your query, but have a related one. I have a similar problem, and my 10 year guarantee will expire in October - is this something that would be covered?
    I purchased the units form a company, but had my joiner install them - does that mean that, assuming they are covered by the guarantee, they will simply supply them and leave me to pay the installation costs?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.